Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Review - Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers #2) - J.A. Redmerski



Gosh I'm so lucky to have read so many amazing books lately. Killing Sarai blew me away, I absolutely loved it and couldn't wait to get my hands on the continuation of Sarai and Victor's story. The ending was powerful and left me screaming to continue with the story.
So I went straight on to Reviving Izabel, and was most definitely not disappointed.
The writing was pure perfection again, and kept me gripped to every scene, it's not a book you can put down and take a break. It's a "just one more page" kind of book.
In this book, we see quite a transformation in Sarai, although it was obvious in the first book, that she wasn't your average girl. She had seen so many horrid and shocking things throughout her time, being held in the compound in Mexico, and also after she ran away. She managed to handle it a lot better than most, and seemed to just get stronger and stronger.
In the beginning of Reviving Izabel, we see Sarai attempting to live a somewhat normal life. Attempting being the operative word. It's obvious Sarai, can no longer do normal. She tried it, and hates it. She is constantly battling her desire to put some wrongs right, finish jobs that were started before. It eats her away and she even manages to devise a plan to reap her revenge, whilst on a holiday with her new friends.
Throughout all this, one constant thing seems to get to stick on Sarai's mind the most. Victor. She still can't get him out of her head.
Sarai attempts to put her plan to action, but it doesn't go to plan. Bringing her in to the path of danger again, and also in to the path of Victor.
I'm not going to summarise what will happen, once they meet up again. As I don't want to spoil any of this story. The action is pretty much full on, for every page. Not a single dull paragraph. I just love how unique Sarai's life and story is, nothing is conventional. It's exciting, dangerous, and full of tension. Everything seems to step up a notch. The violence and gore, the passion and chemistry. The dark and gritty mind messing. It's all full on and extreme, but amazing and such an addicitve read.
I seriously can not wait until the next book, when we get to hear about Fredrik, who is one of my favourite characters in this book.
I just can't recommend this book enough. It will stick with you for such a long time.
5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment