Sunday, March 1, 2015

Review - Never Never - Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher



Hmmm head is hurting, can't quite comprehend what is happening. But, whatever it is, it's good stuff. 
I kinda feel like I drank something strong and attempted to read a book with a fuzzy head. Some bits are missing and not sinking in, and now I'm left with zillions of questions. 
So, seriously I loved this book. Big time. I like that my brain is still trying to work out what just happened. 
I'm not going to summarise, there is no way I could begin to try and explain anything. Firstly because my brain might explode if I try to explain, and secondly because this has to be read with zero spoilers or clues. 
What I will say is, the writing is obviously flawless. It had to be considering the authors who wrote it. They are both incredible in totally different ways, which is probably why everybody went crazy over this book. Each author brought in their own awesomeness to this story, and it was more than obvious when reading. I felt drawn in to Silas and Charlies story, and felt their frustration too. 
I loved how it was told in such a way, with little bits of info dropped here and there, that you could take it in so many directions. I've already come up with about 3 possibilities. It's endless. 
I know this book has had mixed reviews considering the way it ends, but from my point of view. I LOVED how it ended, I loved how I was sat pulling out my hair in frustration. The twists and turns, and overall mystery was phenomenal. It's left me desperate for the next book, and even though I've gone on to read another 3 books since finishing NN. I'm still sat thinking about it, and trying to work it all out in my head. It was meant to have us guessing, and it was supposed to stick in our thoughts, to keep us wondering and coming up with random ideas and theories. I even joined a discussion group, so I could read what others are coming up with, I just couldn't stop thinking about it. 
Never Never is completely different from pretty much anything I have read in a long time, and I don't think anybody could fault it. It is incredibly addictive and stupidly clever. You just have to remember patience is a virtue, or all will reveal itself in time. ;) 
5 mysterious and awesome stars! 

(Read in Jan 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment