Thursday, May 30, 2019

Release + Review - Maya Hughes - Fearless King




My first crush. My first heartbreak. My brother’s best friend.


The butterflies in my stomach turned into full blown eagles the second our lips touched. A kiss under the stars that changed our relationship forever. 

After a lifetime of wishing, I stared up into Ford’s eyes with his fingers caressing my cheek and my heart racing.

The evening ended with my heart bleeding on the ballroom floor. 

He destroyed my heart two years ago...but now he wants back in my life. 

This time I won’t fall under his spell. I’ll resist his sexy, scruffy beard, and panty-melting smirk. 

I thought I was over him. Hell, I fully planned to wave to him through my rearview mirror...but with one text, in the middle of the night, I know I'm in over my head.

Ford: I need you.


PURCHASE LINKS - $2.99 for a limited time!
Free in Kindle Unlimited
Read The Wedding Kiss, A Fearless King short: http://bit.ly/WeddingKiss1
ALSO AVAILABLE
Kings of Rittenhouse – A Shameless King Prequel – FREE!! 
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2ti1URr


#1 Shameless King
Free in Kindle Unlimited


#2 Reckless King 

Free in Kindle Unlimited


#3 Ruthless King
Free in Kindle Unlimited


AUTHOR BIO
Maya Hughes has always loved romance novels. One look at her Kindle is confirmation. She started writing her first romance novel while pregnant with her third child and she hasn’t looked back. Now, her romance writing addiction has replaced her romance reading addiction. 

You can find her writing on her foldable keyboard and phone anytime inspiration strikes. Her sweet and steamy stories range from rockstars to small towns and everything in between. When she’s not writing, she’s playing with her three kids, running errands or vegging on the couch with the love of her life and biggest fan, her husband. 



AUTHOR LINKS



Louise's Review 

Fearless King is book 4 in the Kings of Rittenhouse series, while this can be read as a standalone these characters are recurring. Having only read Shameless King previously I didn’t feel that I was missing anything but learning more of the back history would have completed the story.

Ford has had his head down and getting on with his career, since losing the trust with his best friend Colm, the last thing he needs is for him to find out he is crushing on his little sister. Olivia has had a plan for her life since she was little, but starts to wonder if this is exactly who she wants to be anymore, with the pressure from her brother and carrying the guilt of failure she is starting to pull away. When Ford is asked to dig deeper to find out what is going on with Olivia he remembers all the reasons why he wants her but also that brings the worry of all the reasons why he shouldn’t be chasing her.

Are they able to cut through the secrets, lies and anger to make their relationship work?

Fearless King has a good plot and characters throughout and I personally enjoyed reading this book, I did feel that the pace was slower than my liking but having read another book in this series I knew that this is how Hughes writes. I look forward to more stories in this series, I can’t wait for Colm to be brought to the surface and find his HEA in Heartless King.


Star Ratings; Plot: 4/5  Characters: 4/5  Heat: 4/5  Writing Style: 4/5  Overall: 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment