Monday, August 4, 2014

Review - Among the Echoes - Aly Martinez



Oh, my, god!! This book was amazing! I have been reading back to back ARC's for the last couple of weeks, and had no idea what to expect with this next book. I just know, I was hoping for something a little different to break the chain, and after reading only 2 pages, I had absolutely no way of stopping. Right from the very start, I felt captivated by so many feelings and emotions. I was horrified and disgusted, then sad and emotional. Constantly reading on the edge of my seat, wondering what will be next. Yet, after a while I started to get the feel good feelings come through. I was giggling and sighing. Eventually all hot and bothered, but still alternating with feeling sad and nervous of what was next. So all round a crazy ride of emotions.
Not one single page went by, where I was thinking about putting the book down for a bit. I couldn't, literally couldn't. I may have missed something vitally important. Who needs to eat, right? So I pretty much devoured this book throughout today, and am still sat here buzzing over how good it was.
The thing is, when reviewing books. I generally start with a summary of the book and how I perceive certain events and the characters. It's not going to happen with this book. There's no way I could say anything about what happens, no matter how small the detail. I don't want to even mention any background on the characters. This book is truly incredible, and going in to it blind, without reading anything on the story, is the best way to go. I had no clue of anything except the blurb and by the time I started reading this, I had forgotten the blurb. So I went in with no knowledge and was totally blown away.
The writing alone is beautiful yet powerful and brutal. The characters were so heartfelt and real. Like I said before, I was one minute laughing along with them, then welling up for them. I was drawn in by how perfectly believable they were. It's one of those stories where you would hate for any of the events to be real. Yet knowing that somewhere out there, this could be a reality for someone. Which makes you even more emotional. It's hard to say, it's just fiction, it's not real. This book had me all kinds of crazy sad and blubbery.
I'm so glad I got to read this book. It was perfect and will stick in my head long after I finished.
Oh and the best part, when I realised there would be another book in the series, a different characters story. That made this even more perfect. I can't wait to read that book!
1000% recommended and I would give far more than 5 stars if I could!! Flawless.


**I was kindly given an ARC of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review**        

No comments:

Post a Comment