Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Review - Affliction (Knights Rebels #2) - River Savage


Fabulous and flawless! This series and author just keep on getting better and hotter!!
I absolutely loved Incandescent, my first MC book, and I was wowed by it. Not only was the story amazing, but the captivating writing of River Savage, had me gripped throughout every page. So I was more than excited to see what would come from this author in her second book, Affliction and especially the fact that it was inked up, brooding and troubled hottie Sy this time. I couldn't wait.

The main characters continued in to this book, but fell to the back a little while Sy and Holly had their turn. So we didn't totally lose Nix and Kadence from Incandescent, we got to see what they were up to as well. I loved Sy huge amounts just from the background role he had in Incandescent, and Holly was an awesome character who went through such a massive change in the first book, that I was dying to see what had been happening. Plus we still had all the other bad biker boys running around the background, and they all just get better and better the more we learn about them all.

Now, I would now normally summarise Affliction and give a breakdown of what happens etc, but there is no way I can do it this time, as anything I could say would be a huge potential spoiler.
Affliction, right from the first page, is a story that is fit to burst with action and drama, twists and turns, crazy hot sex and brooding alpha hotties. Oh and did I mention I spent 98% of the book crying? Well yep, huge ugly tears were free flowing throughout this book, I would go from one blubbing session straight in to the next. There is so much going on in this story, and not all of it is hearts and flowers, but what you do get is totally addictive characters, an amazing storyline that will have you sat on the edge of your sea throughout, and absolutely perfect writing. Not to mention the chunks of panty wetting hilarious one liners and humor running through this book. A lot of moments where I would be laughing like a freak as anyone around me looked on in bewilderment.

I did wonder whether Affliction would keep the intense flow of Incandescent, whether it would live up to the amazing reputation of it's predecessor, or whether it would take a drop once the first initial characters had, had their stories told. But, oh my god Affliction has gone above and beyond Incandescent. Not only has it proved what an incredible and versatile author River Savage is, but it has shown she can push out captivating stories that just keep getting so much better. I'm unbelievably excited for the next book in the series, if it's anything like the last two, it's going to blow me away, again!
The ending was pure perfection, and once I'd dried my endless tears, I was smiling huge amounts. I would recommend this to anybody and everybody as it has so much going on, nobody could be disappointed. Definitely a time where more than 5 stars are needed!

**I was incredibly lucky to receive an ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review**

No comments:

Post a Comment