Tuesday, July 11, 2017

REVIEW - Renegade (Moonshine Task Force #1) - Laramie Briscoe


TITLE - Renegade (Moonshine Task Force #1)


AUTHOR - Laramie Briscoe







BLURB:


When you fall in love with the most unexpected person, at the most unexpected time……

Ryan “Renegade” Kepler

I’m the type of man who knows what I want. I make up my mind and stay in my lane, never veering off the course I set for myself.

Going into the military? Did it. Youngest member of the Moonshine Task Force? That’s me. Get my best friend’s older sister in bed? It was my pleasure.

Age means nothing to me. I’ve seen and done things men twice my age never will. What I want more than anything is someone to share my life with and that person is my best friend's older sister, Whitney.

Whitney Trumbolt

Ryan is ten years my junior, but damn, being a cougar never felt as good as it did the night we spent together. Now I’m struggling with wanting things to either go back to the way they were or spend every night in his arms.

Make my wedding planning company the best in the south? Did it. Ignore the way my body trembles when I see Ryan? Epic fail. Freak out when I see a positive pregnancy test staring back at me? Complete with mascara running down my face and clutching my pearls.

Looks like things won’t go back to the way they were. There’s a man in my life that doesn’t take no for an answer. He’s the one who makes my blood run hot, cheeks turn red, and heart beat wildly within my chest. His name is Renegade.
 




REVIEW:




Renegade is a wonderful novel. This book had me hooked from the first chapter! These characters are so dynamic and the suspense and drama is on point. This book has a little bit of everything. There is mystery, steam, emotions, action, and suspense. It is all tied up in a neat little bow for us readers to open like a present!

The plot of this book is an interesting one that I can’t really say that I have read much of before. There is an older woman who is working through some issues who gives into a wild and crazy night with her younger brother’s best friend. What transpires is a wonderful real life depiction of what I imagine would really happen in this situation. I feel the plot was written amazingly well.

The characters in this book were written brilliantly as well. Whitney is a wonderful female character. She is strong and witty, but also has the ability to be vulnerable as well. Whitney has some baggage to recover from her past and go through, but I feel it adds depth to her character that she needs. Ryan, also known as “Renegade,” is what I would want in a man. Not only is he physically appealing, his heart is just as appealing as well. He is like an onion just waiting for each layer to be peeled back. The more I learn about him, the more I want one of him at home myself.

The heat in this book is steamy. These two characters have such chemistry that when they get together, there is bound to be some sparks. Not only is the physical aspect of this book hot, their flirting is steamy as well. I loved getting to know them as they got to know each other. It is one thing to know some things about your sibling’s friend, but once you open the door to a physical and emotional relationship, things change. I loved watching that in this book.

The author does an amazing job with the writing style in this book. This book is told over a couple of months. The steady pace of this book makes readers feel like they are almost living the story with the characters. I loved all the minor details and descriptions included. It is these small details that truly take a good book and make it great. The author did a remarkable job with this book.

Overall, I loved this book. There was plenty of steam while also being an actual story to become invested in. I loved the characters the most. These two characters go through real life situations and have real like responses to them. I could feel my heart race, my eyes tear up, and my heart break right along with the characters. I would recommend this book to others.


Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment