Monday, July 17, 2017

REVIEW - Sexy Beast - Piper Rayne




TITLE - Sexy Beast
AUTHOR - Piper Rayne




https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073X9MB72



BLURB:

It’s time.


Time to get a life.
Time to start over.
Time to move beyond the past.



The guys in the Single Dads Club would tell you it was time years ago, but until recently, the risk of hurting my little girl outweighed the benefit of getting a piece of ass.


Now that I have a tween daughter on my hands? It’s becoming more apparent with every poster hung on the wall, every fight over wearing make-up and every uncomfortable conversation about puberty, that at least one of us needs a female touch in our lives.


Jesus. I can’t even think the words ‘female touch’ without thinking of her.
Charlotte Rose. Charlie.



She’s everything I shouldn’t want, but someone needs to tell that to my damn libido because every time she’s around I have a constant case of blue balls.


There’s a list of reasons why I shouldn’t give into what I feel—she’s my best friend’s little sister, she’s seen me at my most vulnerable, and the biggest one—she’s the first person in twelve years who has the potential to break me.


REVIEW:



“Older brothers best friend, age gap, single dad kind of story, 5 stars”

*Sigh* If you haven’t read the other two books in the Single Dads Club Series don’t fret, but I recommend you do. If you have then be prepared to be surprised. We don’t know much about Garrett, but this book will blow your socks off. 

He’s the brooding alpha male we all love with three killer points going for him; 

1) Single dad 
2) Age gap 
3) brothers best friend. 

Add those three together and what’s not to love, right?

Garrett is scared. He lost his wife the day his daughter was born. Is there even a way you can truly recover from that? His daughters a preteen and pulling farther away from him every day and to make matters worse Charlie keeps popping up in his mind. He doesn’t see the little girl who used to follow him wearing pigtails, oh no she’s a grown woman now with curves. The kind woman naughty dreams are about. Charlie’s everything he wants but too scared to have.

Charlie has always been in love with Garrett. She has watched all his ups and downs from the sidelines and is ready to stand by his side. Charlie gives Garrett a learning curve, far more so then I think I would have been able to, but it didn’t make her appear weak. My favorite thing about Sexy Beast was probably her relationship with his daughter. Sydney and Charlie have a relationship that kind of reminds me of Lorelai and Rory from Gilmore Girls, they are friends yet they have that line, even though Charlie isn’t her birth mother. When Charlie and Garrett have their issues, Charlie is still there for Sydney, and it’s fantastic.

I honestly don’t think I could have asked for a better conclusion for The Single Dads Club Series. You fall in love with these two, watch the other two couples grow, and get a perfect intro for Piper Raynes next series. I was so excited when I saw this hit my kindle, but now I will admit I’m a little sad it’s over. Please, don’t short yourself out and read the series. Fall in love with these three couples like I have. And if you don’t have time for all three books, choose Sexy Beast.


Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing Style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment