Friday, November 17, 2017

Release Tour & Review - Savage - L.A. Fiore REVIEW


Title - Savage: The Awakening of Lizzie Danton
Author - L.A. Fiore
Genre - Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense
Release Date - November 17, 2017






They call him a monster.
Pale blue eyes as cold as ice that see right through you.
He’s hard.
He’s damaged.
He’s dangerous.
He lives in a castle fit for a fairy tale, but he’s no prince.
He’s savage.
He’s brutal.
He’s a killer.
By an act of fate, our worlds collide.
They call him a monster, but he is my salvation.



Modern world meets fairytale. I really feel this is a unique story that has aspects of little red riding hood in it. This is a semi-dark read. It does discuss topics of abuse and the main character is a self-proclaimed bad guy. Keep this in mind when picking this book up. With that being said, I feel the overall theme of this book is redemption.

I really enjoyed this book. I don’t think I really knew what I was going to get, but I loved the story.  This story is about two lost souls who cross paths. The key question is will they heal each other or break each other more? The journey they go through is amazing and very interesting. I didn’t expect most of this book to take place in Scotland, but let me tell you, it made the book for me.

Lizzie is such a strong character. She is one of my favorite characters of all time. She has had a really rough life, but she doesn’t let it ruin her. Yes, she has insecurities because of it, but she still lives her life and tries to make the most of it. I feel like she is such a relatable character to myself because I feel I have had similar experiences. Brochan is a great character as well. He is a strong male character who has been influenced heavily by his past. I feel this story really explores the nature vs nurture in the sense that I feel Brochan was a product of his lack of nurturing from his parental figures. It shows that sometimes one person in your life can really have a huge hold over your self-esteem and raising.

There is a lot of heat in this book. I expected as much. These characters have a chemistry from the first moment they meet. While the characters didn’t see it right away, I did. I liked watching them take things slow. This was a change of pace from most books where the characters just give in to their feelings and figure the rest out later. This was a great aspect of the book.

The writing style was good, but I do have a minor complaint. The pace was good and steady. I liked the use of segments in the beginning to kind of show a quick flashback of each characters lives. This added a depth I didn’t know I needed. I also loved the switch in scenery. I visited Ireland and I got the same feeling from this book that I got when I went there. It was like another world. I feel that the author described Scotland in a way that not much has changed over the years. It is like a glimpse back in time. Then you switch to New York and you get the US feeling from it. I liked that. My only complaint is the continued segments in the book. I felt at times it took away from the book and confused me.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. I would read it again. I thought that the overall theme and the way the author wrote the scenery was satisfactory. I really felt as if I was in a small Scottish village at times. I like how the author explored the topic of abuse as well. It was done in a realistic way. Great job.

Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5

Savage is a story of fighting your own demons and chasing hope through love. A contemporary romance with a dark fairytale vibe set in the majestic Scotland. I fell in love with the characters and the vividly described scenery. - Elena's Book Blog
Savage was an absolutely breathtaking read. From start to finish, L.A. paints incredibly vivid pictures that make you feel like you're actually in the old castles on the rolling hills of Scotland. It was a masterpiece from beginning to end. -Sophie, Bookalicious Babes
LA Fiore weaved together the perfect romance with Savage. I fell in love with Brochan and Lizzie so completely I never wanted the book to end. - Author Jessica Prince
The author did a brilliant job bringing Scotland alive, everything was told in such graphic detail that if I closed my eyes I was taken on a mystical journey. Definitely a highly recommended one click come release day, this is a journey you will want to go on. –Kitty Kat’s Crazy About Books
Both the main characters were amazing. I ADORED Lizzie. She was smart. She was a fighter. She was feisty. She had a huge heart and accepted everything that was Brochan without censor or hesitation. Brochan was a bit more complicated. He had that sexy, brooding thing down to a science. –Eve, Between the Bookends




L.A. Fiore is the author of several books including Beautifully Damaged, Collecting the Pieces and His Light in the Dark. Her favorite movie is Star Wars, a love her son shares. They hope to build their own Millennium Falcon one day. She would like to meet the Winchester Boys to thank them for enlightening her on the versatility of salt as not just a food enhancer, but as protection from supernatural threats. And she thinks it would be interesting to be a zombie, to get an idea of what life is like as a brain-addicted fiend so she can be their voice to tell their side of the story. She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and kids, their two spoiled cats and their awesome dog.




HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment