Friday, July 19, 2019

Release + Review - Micalea Smeltzer





Violet Page is having a rough time. This former popular girl is lost. Her parents uproot everything after her younger sister’s suicide, moving states away to escape the lingering pain of loss. She doesn’t fit in anywhere, but finds herself strangely drawn to the boy she watches view the world through a telescope.
 
Finnley Crawford isn’t your typical boy next door. Being autistic has always set him apart from kids his age. None of them quite knows how to approach him or interact, leaving him only one friend in the form of his support dog. His lack of friendships lead him to a unique love of space and aspirations of one day reaching the stars. For in the stars, he sees a peace and beauty he can’t find on Earth.
 
The more time these two seemingly opposite teenagers spend together, the more they learn it isn’t what’s on the outside that counts. So much can be found on the inside if you only care to look.


 
 
 
 
PURCHASE LINKS – $2.99 for release week ONLY!!
 
 
Free in Kindle Unlimited
 
 
AUTHOR BIO
 
Hi. I’m Micalea. Ma-call-e-uh. Weird name, I know. My mom must’ve known I was going to be odd even in the womb. I’ve written a lot of books. Like a lot. Don’t ask me how many, I don’t remember at this point. I have an unhealthy addiction to Diet Coke but I can’t seem to break the habit. I listen to way too much music and hedgehogs have taken over my life. Crazy is the word that best sums up my life, but it’s the good kind of crazy and I wouldn’t change it for anything.
 
 
AUTHOR LINKS
 



Johnaka's Review 


“A different kind of love, 5 stars”

Oh, how I loved Finn and Violet! Smeltzer gave us a killer love story with a real-life twist. Not all hero’s or heroines are perfect but they are perfect for their counterpart and that’s exactly what Finn was for Vi. He was perfect for her and she for him. They just got each other.

Violet is a little broken when she moves next door next to Finn. She doesn’t see his autism and just sees the guy he is. Slowly but surely they become friends and then fall for each other. She knows how to handle (for the lack of a better word) Finn and his quirks and oddly enough for Finn he likes being around her. Together they pull each other out of their shells. The question is can these two high schoolers make it last?

I don’t know how to express how much I loved these two. Whatever Happens is a killer Y/A story. If you’re not one for steamy scenes then your in luck because Whatever Happens doesn’t have any s-e-x- but it has enough heat to please the ones who love it in stories. Whatever Happens is one click worthy and I hope it makes you stop and think about how you treat those around you.

Plot-5/5

Characters-5/5

Heat-5/5

Writing style-5/5

Overall-5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment