Monday, September 21, 2015

REVIEW - Switch - Jennifer Ryder








TITLE - Switch

AUTHOR - Jennifer Ryder




Synopsis:







With an ex fiancĂ© leaving her in debt, breaking up with her girlfriend and struggling to find a place she can afford, Sophie McKenna has hit an all-time low. Everyone thinks she’s a lesbian, and she likes it that way, but her estranged parents know better. 

The foul-mouthed motocross mechanic, Rocco De Luca, only has his incarcerated brother left. Every day is a battle of the mind and of the bottle. Tequila and easy women soothe the pain, but they never fill the void.

Rocco doesn’t mind offering his spare room to the hot lesbian he refers to as ‘Suds’. She won’t be clingy, far from it, and he’s keen on the idea of getting to see a bit of girl on girl action. 

With such volatile personalities under the same roof, and being in April and Spencer’s wedding party, they both have to learn to get along, even though they can’t stand each other.

He never thought he might actually grow to like her.

She never thought she might actually hate him less.

*Contains content for over 18 years of age. CAN BE READ AS A STAND-ALONE

Release date TBA - September 2015



My Review:


Switch is a romantic novel, but it's more than that. It starts off slow with the main characters actually not even liking each other. The story unfolds slowly, but in a totally satisfying way for the reader. It definitely has realistic feel to it. Switch is part of a series, but this can be read as a stand alone novel. Some of the supporting characters have their own books, so if a reader reads this one and likes the other characters and wants to know more they can go back and read those books.


Switch is told with alternating point of views between the main characters, Sophie and Rocco. They have a rocky past with each other, but due to unforeseen circumstances they are thrown together. I love how the author uses the alternating views to share with the reader how each character feels about the other. This also allows for us to watch how their feelings change for each other throughout the book.

I love the main plot of the book. With that being said, each character also has their own issues they're going through individually. Sophie is recovering from a traumatic event in her past, while Rocco is dealing with something that is still happening within his family. Also, I love that this book shows that first impressions are not always true. Both of these characters had first impressions of each other that were completely negative, but through the story they slowly learn to become friends with each other and realize that their first impressions were wrong or at least misguided.

There is definitely comedy and heat in this book. Sophie and Rocco's interactions with each other are sometimes downright hilarious and make you laugh out loud. There are also plenty of times in the book where heat comes into play. I think that what I love most about this book is that the author shows a strong woman who is trying to be independent and trying to do things for herself. I like that she doesn't depend on a man to get her where she wants to go.

I also like to this book tackles a couple of serious situation. I don't want to give anything away, but just be on the lookout for serious situations that the author expertly handle and uses in a positive light for the book. Although reading it at first was kind of hard emotionally, I think that it was used in a positive way to show the seriousness of the situation and that there is ways to cope with it.

Overall, Switch is an amazing novel. I love the story in the authors writing. I would definitely recommend this book to a friend or family member. I honestly cannot find anything about this book that I did not like. This is definitely a five-star read for me.


Star Ratings:

Plot= 5/5
Characters=5/5
Heat=5/5
Writing style=5/5
Overall=5/5



Favourite Quote: 


"I'll make you a bet. You lay off the tequila tonight, and I won't hang up my underwear all over the bathroom.""You can hang 'em up if you want. I can't guarantee I won't touch them though."
"Ewww, gross," I say, as I laugh and lightly punch him in the arm.
"One way or another I'll get those panties," he says with a wink of one of those dark eyes.




Reviewed by Jenn.

**A copy of this book was provided, in exchange for a fair and honest review**






CLICK THE COVER TO PURCHASE




No comments:

Post a Comment