Tuesday, September 1, 2015

REVIEW - Love Always - Sonya Loveday and Candace Knoebel




TITLE - Love Always,


AUTHORS - Sonya Loveday and Candace Knoebel




Synopsis:


I’ve met boys like him before. Rich. Bored. Always wearing a silver-spooned smile. But there is something different about him that piques my curiosity. The way he looks at me, like he is staring through the bars of a gilded cage he’s never left. Like he is one breath away from suffocating beneath a mound of responsibilities. He is different from the rest because he doesn’t wear his money… his money wears him. I just don’t think he knows it yet.

She’s like nothing I’ve ever seen before. She’s everything I’ve never been able to be. Carefree. Whimsical. A dreamer. Her laugh is infectious. She is irresistible. I can’t help but be drawn to her with an intensity that steals my breath and muddles my senses. I want to know her, need to know her, but how can I allow myself that liberty when I don’t have the freedom to make my own choices?


Phillip and Maggie think they have it all. Even though they come from opposite backgrounds, they each have bright futures paved out, with no distractions holding them back.

Until the fateful day they meet each other. 

After a brief, adventurous time together in The Hamptons, Maggie and Phillip find themselves saying goodbye just as the spark of love flashes intensely between them. Can their budding connection be enough to survive the pulling tides of change, or will they drift apart before they even have a chance to explore what could have been?





My Review:


*Contains Spoilers* 

When I signed up for this book I wanted to read it because of Sonya. I have read her Six Series and enjoyed it so far, so I wanted to try something else of hers. 

I had never read anything of Candace's, but if this book is any indication of her writing ability I will be checking out her other books. 

Love Always is about two different people coming together. It's not full of sex like a lot of books are now days. Philip and Maggie's relationship was more of a friendship then anything else. Maggie pushed Philip to discover who he really is. 


Maggie is a free spirited redhead who just wants to be free and love life. She's the daughter of a fisherman and works at a resort for the rich. Which is how her and Philip meet. I loved Maggie for the fact she did what she wanted to do, she didn't care about what others thought, she just let it roll right off of her. 


Philip though, is completely the opposite. He's a reserved, well educated, rule obeying, kind of man. He kept a schedule of where his mother told him where to be, until he met Maggie. She legitimately ripped up his schedule and told him to start living. His family was trying to force a life on him that he didn't want any part of. 


At the end of the summer Maggie and Philip went their separate ways. They wouldn't call, wouldn't text, wouldn't email each other, but they would put pen to paper. Which I am a huge fan of hand written letters. During the year they spend a part they grow closer through the letters. Philip becomes the adult he should be and stands up to his family, where Maggie wanders the world. 


I won't tell you anymore, and whether they end up together or not, but I will tell you this book is worth the time to read. This book made me think about some things in a way I never have before. 


Here are some of my favorite quotes: 


‘He was like watching the sun rise. Watching the rays of light extend over the blackened earth, illuminating all that you couldn’t see under the muted light of the moon. He was a comet I didn’t see coming.’ 
‘It was as if she were the moon and I was the tide being pulled and pushed to create something magical. Maggie had whirl winded her way into my life, setting me off course to bob against the ties that held me tightly anchored.’ 
“You’re my best friend, my soul mate, my everything, and thinking of a world without you in it makes me lose my breath. My heart races and I have to push my hand against it until it slows, telling myself I’m worrying over something that hasn’t happened. Won’t happen. Sounds crazy, right? But there it is, nonetheless.” 
“Every soul needs an anchor to keep them steady when the seas become too much.” 
“And that’s what’s great about it—the ocean—we’re all connected to it. It surrounds us. It feeds us. It sustains us. And no matter where I choose to land in the world, it will always be there. Just a drive, a flight, or a train ride away.” 

STAR RATINGS: 




Plot- 4/5 
Character- 3.5/5 
Heat- 2/5 
Writing style- 4/5 
Overall- 4/5 







CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:




No comments:

Post a Comment