Thursday, February 25, 2016

REVIEW - Bad Boy - J.C. Reed & Jackie Steele



TITLE: Bad Boy


AUTHOR: J.C. Reed & Jackie Steele




Synopsis:


I should have seen it coming. Sexy? Handsome? Trouble? Check, check, and check.
Is he messing up my life? Hell yes. All the signs are there: he is a bad boy.
Even his name is a lie. Too bad I married him. I can’t wait to get divorced.
Does this make me sound crazy?
I know I should avoid him, run as fast as I can. However, when a harmless misunderstanding lands me in a foreign prison cell, my dear, lying husband is the only one who can get me out. Crap. I shouldn’t accept.

But how to say no to trouble when said trouble is the one who makes me fantasize all the dirty things he could do to me?

My Review:


Bad boy is the third installment in the indecent proposal series. This book contains foul mouthed bad boys and a heroine who is in over her head. These books should be read in order otherwise it is very easy to get lost within the story. I speak from experience.

When I agreed to read this book for review, I didn't realize it was a part of a series. I started reading the book and thought that it was going to be formatted in a way that would reveal the missing pieces of the puzzle for me. About halfway through the book I decided to look the book up and realized it is part of a series. I went ahead and finished the book anyways.

With all of that being said, I enjoyed the writing style of the book. The authors did a good job explaining the situations and allowing the characters to interact with each other in an organic way. This story is told from the main character, Laurie, point of view. I really enjoyed being able to understand her way of thinking. By being able to read her thoughts we are able to see her change, while we also get a chance to see her funny side.

Boy oh boy there is plenty of heat in this story. While I was busy trying to catch up with the plot, there heat within the book kept me going. I love when authors are able to show the attraction between two characters in a way that the readers also feel it. I feel this book hit this nail right on the head.

The only thing I didn't like in this book was the fact that I was lost for most of it. This is not the author's fault and I cannot mark this book down because of it. I feel this book was written very well. I also did feel caught up by the end.

Overall, this was a well written book. It was obvious that the authors put a lot of thought into the plot and characters. I am planning to read the first two in this series in the future and then reread this book to better understand the plot.



Star Ratings:
Writing style: 5/5
Character: 4/5
Heat:5/5
Plot:4/5
Overall:4/5










CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:










No comments:

Post a Comment