Wednesday, April 27, 2016

REVIEW - Acquisitions by Tania Joyce

Title - Acquisitions (Strictly Business Book 2)
Author - Tania Joyce




Synopsis

A new start. A short term project. That’s all it was meant to be.

Losing his wife in a car accident has left Troy Smith doubtful of ever finding love again. He’s tried, but failed. Now he thinks he’s found solace as a hard-working business partner at Gumtrees Winery. 

Kelleigh Johnstone needs a break from dealing with the mess and debt her fraudulent ex-boyfriend left behind. The opportunity to manage a project in the Hunter Valley seems like the perfect escape. 

When these two strangers meet, a one-night stand delivers unexpected surprises. Troy is shocked when he finds out Kelleigh represents the company trying to purchase his vineyard for a new golf resort. In order to protect his home and community, Troy must do whatever it takes to stop the project from proceeding. 

Kelleigh and Troy may be on opposite sides of the boardroom table, but when they are together the attraction is hard to deny. With livelihoods at stake and broken hearts vulnerable, who will risk everything for another chance at love?

What I thought

I was thrilled that Tania got in touch and asked if I wanted to read this as I’ve read book 1 in the series and liked it! 
Acquisitions is about a guy named Troy Smith. Troy is a viticulturist. He doesn’t want to be in love again because he doesn’t want to hurt anyone or get hurt. It’s better to be single.   That is until Kalleigh Johnstone shows up on a work related project. She is a project engineer leader for JLR and something just doesn’t feel right about her boss, Toru, he was hiding something.   As the story unfolds, you meet other supporting characters that are vital to this story. Tania’s writing is detailed and it flows nicely. I like the setting of where this story takes place and the characters.   My favorite are obviously the two main characters, Troy and Kalleigh. I was rooting for them to be together from the beginning.   My least favorite character is Toru, Kalleigh’s boss. I was so happy when she stood up to him and said she had proof of him lying about the results.

Parts of the story I liked”

“We were wondering…if you’d be interested in becoming a business partner with us. Buy in and invest into the future of Gumtrees.”

“You’ve done more for this place in the past few years than we’ve done in twenty. We don’t know whether it’s because you spend all that time talking to the vines, but the vineyard is performing beyond our expectations. You’re great with guests and you help out with running the place. You’ve become part of the landscape around here and we’d like to keep it that way.”

“I never anticipated meeting someone like you and never expected the odds to stack against us. The night we spent together was the most amazing time I’ve ever had in my life, but my work has put us in opposition. My past hangs over my head. My time here is only temporary. In consideration of all these factors, I thought it best to stay away from you. I didn’t’ want to lead you on, didn’t want to get hurt and didn’t want to like you as much as I do. My frustrations got the better of me last night, but that’s no excuse for hitting you. I mean it when I say I’m sorry.”

I like the ending as well.

Plot- 5/5
Characters 5/5
Heat- 4/5
Writing Style- 5/5
Overall rating- 5/5




(Click Cover Image Below To Purchase)

No comments:

Post a Comment