Monday, April 11, 2016

REVIEW - Mr & Mrs (An Alexa Riley Promise #1) by Alexa Riley

Title - Mr & Mrs (An Alexa Riley Promise #1)
Author - Alexa Riley





Synopsis

Phillip has been married to Molly for a year. He’s beyond obsessed with his new wife, to the point that he has to hold his true feelings back. If she knew how crazy he is for her, she might push him away.

Molly is feeling distance growing between them, and she’s worried she’s not enough. One night she walks in on Phillip, and it changes everything.

When Phillip discovers Molly was in an accident and now has amnesia, he’s going to do all he can to make her fall in love with him again. Holding nothing back this time.

Warning: It’s just as crazy as it sounds and just as over-the-top ridiculous. If you want to get silly with us and spend a little time away from reality, grab this one up!
 



My Thoughts

As usual the prospect of a new Alexa Riley book excited me. 
The concept behind this new series, ticked all my boxes. The blurb for this book made me smile and imagine the possibilities.
For the first time, in all the Alexa Riley stories I've read. I was a little disappointed.

The story is about a husband and wife, Philip & Molly, who are deeply in love but Molly thinks they're drifting apart. She tries to rectify this but wrong place wrong time, lots of conclusions jumped to and an accident all happen changing everything. They have an opportunity to start again. Can these two make it work a second time.

Obviously, they can, it's an Alexa Riley book! I'd be devastated if they started writing miserable ever after endings, but the HEA is not what bothered me. It was Molly.

Wow that woman's dim, quick to judge. distrustful, slow on the uptake and just annoying. I found myself shaking my kindle, like girl give your head a wobble.
My issues with Molly aside, it's the sign of a good book, that it can make you feel something, even if it its rage at a fictional persons utter stupidity. All in all it was a good story, sweet, sexy and all the old school cliches you could want.

Star Ratings:
Plot = 4/5
Characters  =2.5/5
Heat = 4/5
Writing Style = 4/5
Overall Rating = 3.5/5



(Click Cover Image Below To Purchase)


No comments:

Post a Comment