Wednesday, April 27, 2016

REVIEW - Reprise (Ruby Riot #3) - Lisa Swallow




TITLE - Reprise (Ruby Riot #3)


AUTHOR - Lisa Swallow



BLURB:



Drummer Nate Campbell is a 'Ruby Riot twin' and that's all he wants anybody to know. For Nate, girls are a dispensable distraction and the rock star life suits his needs. Nobody will expect him to hand over his heart if he pretends he doesn't have a one.

Falling for Nate Campbell was the second biggest mistake of Riley Sawyer's life. When the PR girl worked with the band on a European tour, she earned a reputation as an unapproachable workaholic. One mistake with Nate ruined her reputation, and Riley left vowing never to go anywhere near a tour – or Nate – again.

Two years later, Riley is forced back into the Ruby Riot world. A stolen car, a snowstorm, and Nate's bloody-mindedness leave the pair stranded together. Nate and Riley cross their thin line between love and hate and discover a connection they don’t want to leave behind when the snow retreats.

Nate knows Riley’s the girl for him but doesn't want to risk handing her the heart he hides. Riley wants to leave behind her secrets to move on and find love. The problem is, she wants Nate and doesn’t think he can ever be hers – or anybody’s.




MY REVIEW:



I feel so fickle. With each Ruby Riot band member that I read about, I change my favourite. Even though I still compare them to Blue Phoenix members too. Nate is no exception to the rule, I really thought his twin brother Will was my fave when I read Shuffle, yet here I am weighing up who I prefer, again. *sigh*

Reprise is Nate's story, and he was always the band member I thought was the most 'jack the lad' of them all. He was a joker. Loved to play around in and out of the sheets, seemed to have no interest in settling down, and forever taking the p*** out of his brother and band mates, for being crazy in love. Well this time it's his turn, and we get to be surprised again, at just how different Nate really can be, compared to what we assumed. 

This time, Nate has met his match in Reprise with Riley. We already met her on and off in the other stories, as she is part of the PR team for Ruby Riot. And it's obvious something has already gone on between her and Nate, in the past, we don't quite know what, but we are going to find out all in their story. 

The chemistry is amazing in this book, as with all of the Ruby Riot books. Edge of your seat with 'will they, won't they' moments. Nate and Riley bounce off each other, and both of them give as good they get, when things start to get heated. But there are huge secrets wedged between these two, and it's going to be intense working out what. 

Incorporating addictive characters with an incredible plot, giggling one minute, gasping the next, and you have a trademark Lisa Swallow book. The only question I'm left with is, what's next in the Rock world of Blue Phoenix and Ruby Riot? I don't think I can cope if they have all told their stories, and are finished. I need my fix now. :-/ 


Favourite Quotes:


The worst part of all this? When Riley isn't around, there's an emptiness inside I've never noticed existed, one that was filled with bitterness and mistrust until I let her in. The speed with which my heart's changed direction terrifies me; if I didn't see the same in Riley, I'd push her away right now. 

"How can I explain how much I suddenly want somebody else? All I know is that when I lost you this time, it hurt a hell of a lot more than before. Than anybody before." 

"I fell in love with that broken Nate because I thought he wanted me to fix him." 







PURCHASE HERE:











No comments:

Post a Comment