Thursday, May 5, 2016

REVIEW - Destroyed by Pepper Winters


Title - Destroyed
Author - Pepper Winters




Synopsis

She has a secret.
I’m complicated. Not broken or ruined or running from a past I can’t face. Just complicated.
I thought my life couldn’t get any more tangled in deceit and confusion. But I hadn’t met him. I hadn't realized how far I could fall or what I'd do to get free.
He has a secret.
I’ve never pretended to be good or deserving. I chase who I want, do what I want, act how I want.
I didn’t have time to lust after a woman I had no right to lust after. I told myself to shut up and stay hidden. But then she tried to run. I’d tasted what she could offer me and damned if I would let her go.
One secret destroys them.
 


My Thoughts

How had I never read Destroyed before.
How had I never heard of Obsidian Fox before?
Why does this woman call herself Zel?
And am I he only person who when reading Clara's name, heard it in their head in Doctor Who's voice? 

So, very many questions have arisen from this book, It's not very often a book shocks me any more, but this one did. 

Destroyed is the story of Obsidian Fox (Roan) a dangerous, scary, volatile man who is a mystery, wrapped in an enigma and dipped in a vat of fucked up. He owns a semi legal, high end fight club. It's here he stumbles across Hazel "Zel" Hunter, a woman who has more issues than Vogue. They strike a deal, and so begins their tumultuous and turbulent partnership. 
"I'd always been able to taste when danger was near - when something drastic was about to change my life forever. And I felt it now."

I disliked Zel A LOT, like had to have a word with myself, to remind me it was fiction, she wasn't real. She bothered me that much, if I had met her I'd be tempted to off her myself. My word, every time it came to one of her chapters I thought 'isn't she dead yet'. That has nothing to do with her being badly written. Quite the opposite in fact. It says a great deal that a character made me feel so strongly. Roan on the other hand, he was wrong, so very wrong and yet I FLOVED HIM. I wanted to air hug him so hard!

I honestly didn't know how this was going to end, like I didn't see a way out at all, but I'm so pleased with the ending.
" Kill. Sever. Bleed. Devour "

I'm not a fan of trigger warnings at all, infact I would like to ban them from all books, but on this occasion I should point out this book is far from everyones cup of tea. Aside from the fact that their is loads of hot sex, If your faint hearted, contrary, feminist or have issues with dark material, avoid this at all costs. If like me you can read a book and not take bad stuff as a personal slight against you, and you like your romance dark then this is the perfect book for you!

Star Ratings:
Plot = 5/5
Characters = 4/5
Heat =4/5
Writing Style = 4/5
Overall Rating = 4/5



(Click Cover Image Below To Purchase)


No comments:

Post a Comment