Thursday, May 26, 2016

REVIEW - Trusting Gibson (Last Score #2) - K.L. Shandwick




TITLE - Trusting Gibson (Last Score #2)

AUTHOR - K.L. Shandwick



Synopsis:


Taking a chance on Gibson Barclay was something Chloe never envisaged in her future when she was in college. Years later, she found herself thrown into his world with no immediate way out. She knew that trying to be the girlfriend of Gibson Barclay would come at a price. Was she capable of trusting him with his notorious womanizing reputation and temptation only a heartbeat away? Chloe was still dealing with her own dark event, and with the media constantly thirsty for new information about Gibson and his life, it meant Chloe would be constantly watching over her shoulder, fearful of her past rearing its ugly head again. Gibson promised to protect Chloe, but how could he keep her safe from the past that still haunts her with his life in the spotlight? When Gibson's trust is put to the test how will he react? 


My Review:


Trusting Gibson by K.L. Shandwick is book 2 of the Last Score series. This book follows right where book one - Gibson’s Legacy ends.  
Trusting Gibson is a great title for this book because it’s all about Chloe being able to trust Gibson.   Gibson asks Chloe to go with him on tour and she says yes. As the story unfolds, Kace (who was Chloe’s ex-boyfriend that we meet in Gibson’s Legacy) reappears and something happens. 

My two favorite characters are Gibson and Chloe. Their chemistry and love for each other in this book are beyond wonderful! Gibson and his alpha male caring self .. swooning over him! Chloe and how brave she is and sees everything in the positive. That’s what I liked about the both of them.  
The other characters in this story are great too. They need to be there. I really liked Emma too. 

So this is the second book I’ve read by K.L. Shandwick, and I really enjoyed this book. Her writing captivates you from the beginning. I love how she is very detailed in her writing. All the characters are described as who they are etc, and nothing is confusing. The gorgeous settings in this book made me want to be right with them. Job well done!  
   
This book has love, hope, bravery, caring, hot scenes, and some action/suspense to it. Oh and the rock band too! If those interest you than I’d recommend this book to you!!


Parts of the story I liked:


“Trust is somewhere in the future for me, Gibson. If you can accept that, then I’m here. Whatever else happens is up to you.”

“Hot, sensual, charismatic: and dare I say—romantic..but in an alpha-male kinda way.”

“You stole my soul with those eyes, darlin’.”

“Love tugs the strings, making the music stir the feelings inside me. The way she affects me tugs at my heart strings.”

I liked the ending as well.,well to be honest I liked the entire book!



Star Ratings:

Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing Style- 4.5/5
Overall Rating- 5/5








CLICK IMAGE TO PURCHASE


No comments:

Post a Comment