Sunday, June 26, 2016

REVIEW - Karma - Nadine Nightingale



TITLE - Karma


AUTHOR - Nadine Nightingale




Synopsis:


People call me all sorts of names—bad girl, black sheep, and my all-time favorite...Satan’s bride. I could blame the fact I’m a witch for my behavior, but the truth is I’m infuriating, arrogant, and stab-worthy.

Alex Remington is a hunter and everything I’m not—righteous, honest, caring. We used to have a thing, but that was before he learned I’m a witch and tried to kill me.

Eighteen months later, he’s back in my life and we have a deal; I’ll help him save his brother and he’ll disappear from my life for good. But karma can be a real bitch…



My Review:


Karma by Nadine Nightingale is a paranormal romance. I instantly thought of the CW show Supernatural while I was reading this story. I am a huge Supernatural fan so I loved the book. 
Karma is about ex lovers getting together to save the hero's brother who's gone missing.

Alex and Jesse are partners and are in constant contact. When Jesse goes MIA, Alex knows there is only one person who can help him find his brother. Only issue is he's a hunter and Amanda is a witch. Working with witches goes against everything Alex believes in. Toss in the fact that they have a romantic history and she lied to him about who she was, you have a disaster in the making.

Amanda cannot say no to Alex. She doesn’t want to help the man who broke her heart but her loyalty lies with Jesse. He saved her once so it's her turn to repay the favor. Amanda just wants to start her normal life but can’t until this case is solved. 

Will Amanda be able to keep her secrets from Alex? 
Will his lack of faith in her put the two on opposite teams? 
Lastly, will she be able to keep her feeling for Alex hidden from prying eyes?

I seriously loved this story. You have two brothers that work together to keep the paranormal at bay and a witch who will go against everything she believes in to help them. 
There wasn’t any romance in the story, unless you count the sometimes sexual tension between Alex and Amanda. I liked how the story was solid enough on its own without it. You want Alex and Amanda to get together, but you know it can’t happen yet.

Karma is probably my favorite paranormal book that I have reviewed in a very long time. It's one that I could go back and reread over and over. I cannot wait for the second book. I want to know what secrets the two are hiding and if Jesse is okay. Congratulations Nadie, you more then surprised me with this story and I look forward to the ones to follow.



Star Ratings:
Plot- 4.5/5
Character- 4.5/5
Heat- 3/5
Writing style- 4.5/5
Overall- 4.5/5







CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:




No comments:

Post a Comment