Tuesday, August 23, 2016

REVIEW - Caught In The Flames by Kacey Shea

Caught In The Flames
By
Kacey Shea





Synopsis


Callie Gordon is more than a little obsessed…



I love firemen. 

Heroic. Selfless. Brave. 

Not to mention the uniform with those damn sexy pants…I can’t get enough.

Imagine my surprise when local fire captain, Chase Matthews, wanders into my yard on moving day. I’ve hit real estate gold. Hot as sin with that all-knowing smirk creates an instant spark. Welcome to the neighborhood never looked so good.

But dating a firefighter isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Chase keeps me at distance even when I attempt to break down his walls. A friendship with the nosy eccentric woman down the street reveals there’s more to Chase than he’s willing to share. I’m playing with fire and bound to get burned. 

Secrets unfold.

Truths are brought to light.

Can I handle the heat? Or will my love for this man prove that sometimes even good girls have to burn down the house?

Caught in the Flames is a standalone contemporary romance and intended for adult readers due to explicit content. 



My Thoughts

Caught in the Flames is an amazing book. I wasn’t sure how I felt about it at first, but the ending made it worth it. While there were some minor aspects of the book I didn’t enjoy, for the most part I really enjoyed the book as a whole. After reading the notes after the book, I believe there will even be another book or two in the series, all of which will be standalone novels.
First, let me say that I am impressed by Author Kacey Shea. I had never heard of her before and was not quite sure what to expect, but I give her major kudos for surprising me. I read so much that I usually can figure out the ending of the book by the halfway point. While I thought this was true for this book, Kacey threw a twist in the book that changed the whole trajectory of the book. I was very happy about this and love that this was unique. There were even a couple of times I thought I knew who someone was, and then bam! Wrong again!
The plot of this book is simple and classic, yet with Kacey’s writing style, she breathes new life into it. I absolutely loved watching her take a basic, cookie cutter genre and adding her own spicy twists and turns to make it her own. It takes a truly talented author to be able to do this. The characters were developed wonderfully as well. In order to hide the surprise of the book, I will not directly talk about the characters other than that both the main and minor characters of this book are wonderfully written and I cannot wait to see which character she brings to life in the next book.
The heat in this book is as hot as the title suggests. You can sure get caught in the flames of these characters and their hot and steamy scenes together. Seriously, I was panting for water throughout this book. With that being said, it was in an organic way that did not feel forced. Every scene I felt added to the story and characters.
Now to the bad part, the things I did not like about the book. I did get a bit confused at times and sometimes I felt things weren’t tied up as neatly as I would have liked. There were times I wanted to throttle certain characters. Especially when they were being stupid and making decisions, that while I know this is fiction, I just could not see someone in real life making those same decisions. This only happened once or twice. This was all personal preference and in no way reflects that the author is a bad writer or should even change these aspects. It was just personal for me. Due to this, I did give the book 4 stars instead of 5.
Overall, I loved this book. It was raw and mysterious while also being hot and steamy. I loved the characters. I loved that the author tied it up the way she did even more. Seriously loved all the twists and turns. It is rare that a book is a total surprise and unpredictable, but Author Kacey Shea has done this. If you haven’t read this book, you are truly missing out.

Favorite Quotes:
“Come on already, Jill. This Merlot is singing to me softly.” Alicia whispers to her cup, “Don’t worry baby. Mama’s coming for ya.” 
“No. I won’t be murdering you. It’s not my thing. I may attack you later, though.”-Chase, Caught in the FlamesMe:OMG! Mean pancake lady is at the grocery store!Alicia: Aunt Jemima? I love that Bi**h. 
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Overall: 4/5




(Click The Cover Image Below To Purchase)

No comments:

Post a Comment