Tuesday, October 20, 2015

REVIEW - Heaven In The Dark - Tina Wright.



TITLE - Heaven In The Dark 


AUTHOR - Tina Wright





Synopsis:



Their meeting was chance.
Their love was fate.
Their future was…dangerous.


Orphaned at 14. Kidnapped at 20. American college student Allie Miller has known more than her share of heartache and terror. But when Italian industrialist David Swift inadvertently interrupts her captors, rescues her and whisks her off to his villa to recover, Allie’s future finally looks bright. She and David embark on a passionate love affair, but soon Allie must battle two new obstacles to her happily ever after: David’s past, including the mysterious American father he will not discuss; and one of her kidnappers, a sociopath with a vendetta against the couple and an affinity for abduction.

Now, the couple’s love…and their very lives…are on the line. Can Allie and David keep history from repeating itself? Can they stop a madman bent on revenge? Or will their pasts destroy any chance of a future?


HEAVEN IN THE DARK contains explicit sexual content and is intended for mature audiences. While it is the first of two books in a series, it is a stand-alone novel.
 



My Review:


Alexandra (Allie) Miller is a woman who was a victim of circumstance. Allie is an American woman who has spent the last seven years in Prague. Only to be befriended by a woman while in University, then be taken by sex traffickers. She was the perfect victim because she had no family or friends to miss her. 

David Swift is a man who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, or perhaps the right place and right time. He's one of the wealthiest men in Italy and was looking for another businessman when he stumbled into a human auction. He saw a beautiful woman and was horrified by the comments made in her direction, he bought her immediately to save her. 

David and Allie were instantly drawn to each other. He gave Allie a place of refuge, gave her the option to leave and start a new life outside of Prague and Milan, but she didn't want to leave him. She found solace in another person. 

In Heaven in the Dark you read about two people finding the other part of themselves in each other. They met under unusual circumstances but found love in the end. You would think the danger would be over, but it's not. When David saved Allie he made an enemy who wants revenge. Will they be able to weather the storm to come?

thoroughly enjoyed this book. Allie is a remarkably strong woman for all that she's endured in life. David is a man whose priorities are in the right place. He transitioned from single to taken so flawlessly. Was he perfect? No, but no one is. 
Ms. Wright managed to make the characters and story feel real. She took a subject (Sex Trafficking) and bring it to light. It's a very real issue that we all tend to try and ignore until it hits close to home. 


Here is some quotes that I took away from this awesome duo; 

“since I met you, Alexandra, you consume my every thought. I spent all day today remembering how you felt in my arms last night. I want you, and I am about 30 seconds from taking you. There’ll be no turning back from it. This is your last chance to say no. To stop me.” 

“When I was little, I always dreamed I would have a love like my parents’. They weren’t afraid to move halfway around the world, they weren’t afraid of anything, because they had each other. They anchored one another, and supported one another’s dreams. That’s how you make me feel— like I can truly be myself, like I can do anything. And that’s what I want to be for you. Wherever you are, that’s where I want to be. If I have you, I have everything I’ll ever want— everything I need.” 

“And every day that I spent with you, I grew more concerned with your happiness than mine, which I’ve definitely never felt before— and that was when I realized that I loved you. So you see, in a way, you are my first and only, too, because I didn’t know what love was before you.” 



Star Ratings:
Plot- 4/5 
Character- 4/5 
Writing style-4/5 
Heat- 3.5/5 
Overall- 4/5 




CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:


No comments:

Post a Comment