Thursday, October 1, 2015

REVIEW - Hooker Heels - Ryan Ringbloom



TITLE - Hooker Heels

AUTHOR - Ryan Ringbloom




Synopsis:


New Adult Contemporary Romance

Kenna Winston's world revolves around money, and the men who spend it. Men are mere pawns in the game that she calls life. However, her game is about to change once she's offered a business contract with some interesting caveats. Kenna has to decide whether she is ready to up the ante and play in the big leagues. Or decide if the proposal being offered is crossing the line, even for her. With her heels high and morals low, she wonders what will happen if her heart gets involved?

Oh that's right, she doesn't have one.

Zackary Knight has always had things handed to him. That's not the life he wants. Can't anyone see that he goes deep, that he's more than just a shallow dollar sign? Who is this beautiful women who just appeared on his doorstep? Is she someone he can finally open his heart up to?

Because his heart, it's a big one.

Warning: Mature Content


My Review:




Hooker Heels was a surprising book. There were quite a few twists that I didn’t expect, which made the story that much more thrilling. I also want to point out that the blurb about the book definitely leaves plenty of mystery to what the story will be about, which is absolutely a good thing. Too often I read a blurb that pretty much tells me the whole story, revealing all the surprises. This blub had me thinking I knew where author Ryan Ringbloom was going with this book. I am very happy to say, I was wrong.

Ryan Ringbloom is a brilliant author. This is the first book of hers I have read, but I can already tell that she knows how to write amazing books. The major plot to this book is revealed quite quickly, but the way it develops is anything, but predictable. I thought for certain this book was going to end chapters before it really ended, but BAM throw in a plot twist and the whole direction of the story changes. I absolutely loved this aspect of the book. I loved being thrown through a loop and then try to recover from the sudden turn. Absolutely brilliant writing here.

The main characters are Kenna and Zack. Zack had family issues and is trying to step out of his father’s shadow and create his own legacy. Kenna is a poor, young girl who has troubles of her own. Throw these two together and you have entertainment that will last hours. Ryan did a remarkable job when she thought about how she wanted these characters to develop. I honestly thought this book was going to be a little more light and airy, but was pleasantly surprised by the seriousness of some of the content in the book. She used this content to further both the storyline and help develop each character.
Oh and if you want to talk about heat, this book has plenty. Put Zack and Kenna in a room together, and there is sure to be heat. Ryan was able to create scenes in which the reader felt these characters were organically evolving. The scenes that contain heat are done in a way that the reader feels like this was the natural progression of the story. I like that Ryan does not cheapen the story just to add extra heated scenes that feel forced.

I also think that the minor characters were able to have a small spotlight. Kenna’s best friend Tori has her own book that I think was previously published before Hooker Heels. Tori makes a couple of appearances within this book, which provides an update to those who read her book. I also think it set up an opportunity to allow Tariq, Kenna’s step brother, to have his own book. The only character I felt like I wanted to know more about was Zack’s father. I feel like he did not have a large enough role in this book. With that being my only criticism, I really liked this book.

Overall, I love Hooker Heels. I am honored that I was able to read and review this book. I would recommend this book to friends and family as it was written beautifully. I will be purchasing my own copy, as well as checking out other books by Ryan Ringbloom. The bar has been set high by Hooker Heels, but I bet her other books hold just as much great writing as this one does.


Favorite Quote:

“I’m going to be blunt and say this once. I don’t do stupid. To me a stupid girl is a turn-off. If you’re genuinely up here to be my friend like you claim, great. If not, there’s the door. I don’t play games, Kenna.”




Star Ratings:

Plot = 5/5

Characters = 5/5

Heat = 5/5
Writing Style = 5/5
Overall Rating = 5/5








CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:



No comments:

Post a Comment