Monday, March 7, 2016

REVIEW - Divine Conspiracy - Rose Hudson





TITLE - Divine ConspiracyAUTHOR - Rose Hudson






Synopsis:



Before moving to southern Alabama, and before realizing my daughter was getting older and my life, devoted solely to her and my career, was in desperate need of change...I would've said that fate was a myth. Opening up to the possibility of needing more and admitting that loving someone could be worth risking my heart for capture. The chance I was taking only became clear after one look into his eyes...but by then, it was too late.


~*~


I left that life behind and became a different man. One vigilant to

keep others at arms length. One incapable of love. So why, after years of indifference to women or the possibility of more than a one night stand, would one look from her make me want to change it all? Letting someone in could prove dangerous, and could resurrect a past capable of killing us both.

Two souls lost to their pasts.
Brought together by chance.
Torn apart by destiny...






My Review:


Divine Conspiracy by Rose Hudson is a story about a woman named Erin and a man named Patrick who wind up falling for each other.  
Erin is a strong woman who put her daughter, Ruth, first before going out on dates and finding love again.  
Patrick is a guy who has a painful childhood and he believes he doesn’t deserve Erin.

Divine Conspiracy has two point of views, Erin’s and Patrick’s. This is the first book I’ve read by Rose Hudson.  
At first the beginning of the book started off slow for me and I just wanted to stop reading as I wasn’t interested, it wasn’t capturing me, so I forced myself to continue on, but at halfway point it started to get interesting and I finished it. 
The ending of the story really captured me and I didn’t want it to end. It was filled with love and suspense and few twists.   
It does end on a cliffhanger and I really don’t like them usually, but I would be interested in reading the second book to this story to see what happens.   
My favorite character would have to be Patrick. He was really caring towards Erin and Ruth. 

Parts of the story I liked:

“I have been a mother and career focused, but that’s it. Sad really, but I almost don’t even remember what it’s like to be anything but those things. I can’t help but think about what it would be like to want. To be wanted..”

“Erin, love, everyone has noticed. We all love you. We want you to be happy. The day is long overdue in all of our opinions.”

“God knows I’m a man, and reading facial expressions isn’t my area of expertise, but when I look at her, for once I feel like the superhero, like I’m the one sent to help her.”

“My White Knight, carrying my shoes and purse. Now that’s a sight I never thought I’d see.”



Star Ratings:

Plot- 3.5/5
Heat- 4/5
Characters-4.5/5
Writing Style-3/5
Overall Rating- 3.5/5 






CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:






No comments:

Post a Comment