Friday, March 18, 2016

REVIEW - Finally Unbroken - Maria Macdonald



TITLE - Finally Unbroken
AUTHOR - Maria Macdonald






Synopsis:

"A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks." 
-Richard Bach

I'd known my soulmate, my best friend, my sister, forever. No span of distance nor time would ever change that. Even as I trudged through my colorless life. Loneliness and isolation snapping at my heels. I always had her as my North Star. 

Now I know I’m going to lose her—my soulmate—and I have to learn to lean on the only man I’ve ever loved. The one who pushed me away… just to survive. 
The life I once dreamed about has been washed away in a sea of regret. People from my past are appearing in my present, hoping to remain in my future. Each day I draw strength from my history.

I have to learn to live again, to have hope again and to love again. 
She wants me to trust him. He wants another chance. I just want the strength to move on with my new life.

All I have to do now is take my hands off the safety bars... and have a little faith.


Synopsis:



Every avid reader has an author they follow that continually surprises them with every new release.
I admit that I follow several authors that manage to blow my mind every release day, Maria Macdonald is one of them. Macdonald has a way of making you fall in love with not one but all of her characters. None of them are ever the same and it's fantastic. I honestly cannot tell you which one of her Heroes is my favorite, and Unbroken added two more to the roster of possibilities.

Finally Unbroken is about Anabel finding who she is again. She is a woman who tried to do the right thing by marrying a man she didn't really love right out of high school and blocked out the memory of her first true love. When your marriage is beyond the point of saving do you make the decision to leave or be miserable because you made a vow in the house of God?

For Danny leaving his hometown at eighteen was the only way to save himself. Being in love with a woman who is in a relationship with someone else isn’t the easiest or brightest thing to do. But sometimes when you return home you find not all is what it seems. Some people are lucky enough to get their second chance. Is Danny lucky enough to finally get Bel?

Amanda has always had eyes for one guy, but it never seemed to be mutual. She finds herself going back to her hometown to spend her final days with her best friend. Only to find a surprise in the form of her favorite man. Amanda has experienced more pain and heartache than most people should be allowed. In her final days will she experience all the things she's ever wanted?

Rubén has wanted one girl for as long as he remembers. Now that he has her will he be able to hold onto her? Will he be able to make their dreams come true? Sometimes time is not on your side. How will he handle the final outcome?

You have two sets of friends that make the perfect duos. You can’t help but feel the grief roll off of all of them. They just got each other back and are about to be torn apart. Danny and Rubén are two of the strongest male characters I’ve read about lately. They both know what the end game is and don't care, they just want to take care of the women. They were completely swoon worthy. Bel is silently strong and Amanda is resigned to her fate.

This is one you must read. You will laugh. You will cry, but the knowledge of what happens is worth the tears.

Here are a few favorite quotes:

‘The strongest love, the love that was meant to be, that’s the kind of love that will stand the test of time. That’s the love that will still sit in your heart fifty years from now… even if it’s a dormant love, remaining useless and unused. It will still be there and will always exist throughout time.’

“She’s so beautiful— inside and out. Her light should remain here. If she has to leave… knowing she’s burning bright for everyone to see. Eternally watching over us all. It’s all I have to cling on to .”

“I think you are brave, but remember, when you aren’t feeling it then tell me, I’ll give you my strength. I’ll be strong enough for you.”



Star Ratings:

Plot-4/5
Characters- 4/5
Heat- 4/5
Writing style- 4/5
Overall- 4/5






CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:




No comments:

Post a Comment