Monday, January 16, 2017

REVIEW - Damaged Love - Riann C. Miller




TITLE - Damaged Love
AUTHOR - Riann C. Miller







BLURB:


True love never dies . . . but some lies are impossible to forget.

Jet

Nothing worth having in life is simple. No truer words have ever been spoken.

At the age of nineteen, I knew exactly what I wanted out of life, but everything changed after a chance encounter with a woman I couldn’t get out of my head, one that left me wanting more. What I felt for her was unforgettable; no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t purge her from my mind. She became my weakness . . . my everything. Little did I know our lives were on a predetermined course, leading us toward certain destruction.

They say love can be blinding, and I unknowingly walked straight into the blazing light.


Rachel

Jet was never meant to be mine, but for a short period of time, he helped me forget the anguish that had always been my constant companion. I allowed myself to feel happiness, to get comfortable, to be free of the nightmare that was my reality. But, when you’re harboring a secret, it’s only a matter a time before the truth is unveiled.



REVIEW: 

“Second chance romance, 5 stars”

Damaged Love is the story of Jet and Rachel. If you’ve read Unlikely Love then you got a small taste of Jet. 
Damaged Love is well written, pulls you in and makes you want it to not end. 

Jet is kind, has strong morals, respects those around him, and loyal to a fault. When he meets Rachel he's basically done for, he wants no one else after he meets her. But sometimes life doesn't go the way you want it to and you lose what you want.

Rachel purposely met Jet, she staged the whole thing and he played right into it. Then when she actually got to know him she couldn’t betray him. So Rachel did everything she could to protect him. The fall out was inevitable.

But sometimes life has other plans for you. Sometimes people are brought back into your life for a reason. Years later Jet and Rachel stumble upon each other. Is it a sign? Will they try and work it out or are the old hurts too deep?

I loved Damaged Love from the beginning. I never saw the twists and turns coming until they were already there. I had to set down my phone several times because I got so frustrated (in a good way) with how the characters were acting. I just wanted the HEA. 

The secondary characters were great as well. I did want more of Connor and Kole, Jet’s family but I was still happy with it. I loved how Rachel was far from the girl Jet knew and made him come to her. She was not willing to bend on the life she had made, and I honestly didn’t want her to, despite her odd lifestyle.

Here are a couple quotes that I liked;

“If you’re willing to stop and take a long look, you’ll find there’s more beauty and love in the world than most would guess is possible.”

“The best part of memories . . . is making them.”

“When you think of me, remember today. Forget all the hustle and bustle that life delivers and remember this. The sun, the sand, the wind in our face, and just remember how today we slowed down and enjoyed something as simple as sitting on the beach and soaking up the day.”

Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Writing style- 5/5
Character- 5/5
Heat- 4/5
Overall- 5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment