Tuesday, January 31, 2017

REVIEW - Torn Between Two- Mia Kayla


Torn Between Two: The Torn Duet by [Kayla, Mia]

Title: Torn Between Two


Author: Mia Kayla






Blurb:
I believe in fairy tales — the kind where a knight in shining armor sweeps me off my feet. Coming from a broken home, fairy tales housed the hope I clung to. Never in my life did I imagine two knights coming into my life— two knights that wore very different armor.

A rockstar versus a lawyer.
Fast and furious versus deliberate and calculated.
Intense and passionate versus strong and devoted.
Chaos versus stability.

I fell in love with one in the craziness of a concert. 
I fell in love with the other in the silence of his compassion.

And now I am Torn Between Two.

Book 2 Choosing Forever releases February 13, 2017.
*Due to descriptive sexual situations and mature themes, this novel is not intended for readers under the age of 18.*


Review:
Wow! What the heck did I just read? Based on the blurb of this book, I expected a completely different book than I just read. Trust me, this is a good thing. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and cannot wait for the second book. My only disclaimer for readers is that there is a huge cliffhanger at the end.

The plot of this book is one that I feel has been over done to the point that you just know what's going to happen. This book was refreshing because you didn't really know what was going to happen next. There is a love triangle but it is done in a realistic way that readers can get behind. I think the plot was done well.

The characters is where it is at! What is it you ask? The story! Man these characters are dynamic. Samantha is our main female characters. I really liked her for the most part. She's sassy and down to earth. We have two male characters competing for her attention. Hawke, the hot as sin rockstar, and Josh, the boy next door. The way the author writes makes both of these men seem like the obvious choice for Samantha. I am probably in the minority when I say my choice would be Josh in a heartbeat. By the end of the book we still don't really know the outcome, but the second book promises to conclude the story.

There is two different types of heat in this story. Of course there is hot and sexy sex scenes. These are written very well. The heat I love most is the chemistry between characters. I love that there is also that build up of intimacy between the characters that allows the readers to really invest in th characters.

This author tells this story from a single point of view, which is Samantha's. It leaves us in the dark about the other characters thoughts and actions when Samantha is not present. I really don't mind this point of view. The only complaint I have from this story is that I felt like parts were missing. There are some time jumps that made me feel that we missed something. I also would've liked to see Chloe more. I just feel there was one major plot with two minor plots that made the story feel a bit crowded.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I wanted to throttle the author on the edge of that cliffhanger she left me on. I feel like this book gave me a huge book hang over and I cannot wait to read the next book. I would recommend this book to others.

Ratings:

Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing style: 4/5
Overall: 4.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment