Wednesday, January 4, 2017

REVIEW - Levels of Exposure - Aimee Mcneil








Blurb:



Lexie Wilder is caught in the clutches of the very man her mother tried to protect her from… 

Separated from her mother and locked in a strange room, Lexie soon realizes the amount of control John Stodden has over all of them. She finally understands why her mother went to such lengths to shield her from the truth—a truth that has put everyone she cares about in danger. 

But now she is faced with the daunting possibility that there might be something much stronger tying her to the heartless crime lord…like the very blood running through her veins.

Lines are about to be crossed as promises that cannot be kept are made…

Losing Lexie is not an option for Jackson Finley. He will risk anything in order to save her and take down the infamous crime boss who has remained untouched—until now. Willing to lay down his badge, and to break the laws he has sworn to uphold, Jackson will not stop until she is safe. 

But when he accepts the help of Lexie’s late boyfriend’s brother, Evan, things start spiraling out of control and he’s forced to act fast if he wants to keep Evan from being swallowed by the darkness.

With a new evil lurking in the shadows, no one is safe...

Lexie’s best friend is missing, and now everyone realizes that the dangers run much deeper than what her mother had depicted in her diary. Will Lexie be able to save the people she loves, and will she be able to put her trust in the hands of a man who has claimed more of her heart than she ever thought possible?



Review:



Levels of Exposure is about Lexie who is locked in a room separated by her mother. Jackson will do whatever it takes to get Lexie back. Stephanie who is Lexie’s best friend is missing. This story is
 packed with so much action, crime, suspense and darkness. It kept me on my toes. I didn’t want to stop reading as it was a well-written story. I really can’t give much details. 


Levels of Exposure continues where book 1-Degrees of Distortion left off. I would recommend reading these books in order so you fully can understand what is happening in this marvelous action packed book.

Lexie and Jackson are still my favorite characters. They have so much interest for each other. In this book I especially felt scared for Stephanie. What that girl went thru is unbelievable and I’m glad of the outcome. 


There are two characters in this story that I can’t stand. John Stodden and another guy whose name I’m not going to say as I want others to have a chance to read this story, however those two characters needed to be in the story.

This series is unlike anything I have ever read. I have enjoyed reading the series so far and I can’t wait for book 3 to come out in January! 



Parts of the story I liked:


“He only needed to find the weak spot and crack Stodden’s whole operation wide open.”


One of the guys that was helping Stodden was nicer to Lexie than the others.
Around 37% mark that’s when the story got really interesting. 


“He wanted to piece her life back together as much as possible with a desire that drove him more than anything else.”

“Stop looking at me like you expect me to burst into tears.”


Last but not least my favorite quote of this story: “I love the rush as it heats my blood.” …. “That’s what it was like when I was with you.”



Star Ratings:



Plot-4.5/5
Characters- 4.5/5
Heat- 3.5/5
Writing Style- 4.5/5
Overall Rating- 4.5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment