Monday, April 3, 2017

REVIEW - Checked into Love - Rochelle Paige



TITLE - Checked into Love
AUTHOR - Rochelle Paige






BLURB:

Cecily Thompson swore off men a year ago. 

There’s only been one man who’s tempted her to end the drought… hockey hottie Jason Campbell. He had her rethinking her stance on dating, but a misunderstanding quickly sent her running in the opposite direction. 

Jason hasn’t been able to get Cecily off his mind. 

Not a single night has gone by without dreams of the fiery redhead he met in a bar months ago. When he finally sees her again at a friend’s bachelorette party, he’s ready to do what it takes to keep her right where she belongs… by his side. 

Checked Into Love can be read as a standalone. Each book in the Bachelorette Party series features a different couple. And if you've read the Blythe College series, you'll see some familiar faces from there, too!


REVIEW:

This book was amazing! Checked into Love is a wonderful book that I couldn't put down. I devoured it in one sitting. This book does have some elements of insta love, but it is told more as instant attraction and chemistry. This book is all about love. 

The plot of this book drew me in. A chance meeting in a bar leads to two strangers sharing a connection.  Nine months later they run into each other again and decide to get to know each other.  I felt this was was a wonderful plot. Trying to figure out where the story was going kept me enthralled until the very end. What I think I like most about this book was how realistic it was. I can totally see you two strangers meeting, and then after a short time apart, running into each other and decided to take a leap of faith. Each character has baggage which gets in the way, but that's reality. Nobody is perfect. I really enjoyed reading this story. 

The characters in this book were wonderful. Cecily was a wonderful female character. She was so realistic. She's a strong and feisty woman, but still has insecurities. I really loved her character. Then we have Jason. He is what you think of when you think of an alpha male.  I love Jason's protective nature and how he always wanted what was best for Cecily. Each of these characters developed wonderfully. I really loved reading about them.

Now let's talk about the heat in this book. These characters have such amazing chemistry. You can tell just by a look across the bar that this was going to be a wonderful and steamy story. Some of the most important parts of the book that I felt really translated for me where the moments when you could feel their attraction and how they were attempting to fight it. This author really knows how to write a hot and sexy scene.

The writing style in this book was written very well as well. The pace of the book is steady. The characters are developed. The pace of the book is steady. The characters are developed wonderfully. I feel like the author was really able to use her words to describe the scenes in a way it's the readers could imagine in their head. I also love to the fact that the story starts at one point and there was a short time jump to when the story really begins.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. There wasn't really anything in this book that I didn't like. The characters were strong and the plot was developed wonderfully. I didn't realize that this was a book in a series. I plan to go back and read book one so I can fully understand some of the minor characters, and I can't wait to read the next book in the series.



Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing style: 5/5
 Overall: 5/5






No comments:

Post a Comment