Tuesday, April 4, 2017

REVIEW - Forever - Monica Murphy




TITLE - Forever (Friends #3)
AUTHOR - Monica Murphy






BLURB:

She's all I could ever want... 

I have a reputation around school. Cold. Untouchable. Unfeeling. Only one girl could ever make me want to change and that's Amanda Winters. Too bad I broke her heart and drove her away. 

So to get through the rest of my days in high school, I tell myself I need to focus on more important things. Like taking our football team to championships. Get accepted to the college of my choice. And finish my senior year without wanting to run away from my problems. 

But your problems chase after you no matter where you go. And it's a lot harder when you fight them alone. The longer I go without Amanda, the more I miss her. Her smile. Her laughter. The things she said. How she looked at me like I was the only person who mattered. The way she made me feel... 
Why can't I have everything, including the girl? 
I'm determined to make things right. And make Amanda mine... 

Forever.



REVIEW:


This story just keeps getting better and better with each book! I absolutely love Amanda and Jordan. This book has tons of drama, love, heartbreak, but an overall feeling of forgiveness and second chances.

The plot of this book follows along with the rest of the series. This book is again about Amanda and Jordan and is told from their point of view. It's kind of like a conclusion that we could to see what happened to Amanda and Jordan after the cliffhanger in the last book. They really are my favorite couple in this whole universe the author has created. I hope there's a novella to neatly tie up their story because I would really like to know where they ended up.

This was a big story for Jordan. He really had a lot of developing to do. I feel like this story was mostly about his development and how his relationship with Amanda has helped shape him. With that being said, Amanda had some developing to do as well. She has real life insecurities and you can tell that she's still a teen. I feel like she is the most adult character in the entire book, but she also I have these moments where you can see her age. She honestly is my favorite character.

The heat in this book was ramp up to about a thousand. These two characters have such a chemistry together. Near the end of the book there's actually a huge surprise related to the heat that I didn't even see coming. The author did a wonderful job writing these intimate scenes between these characters. They felt realistic and organic and not forced.

This book is told from a dual point-of-view. The pace is steady. There is tons of drama, but that's what I would expect from a book that centers around teenagers. There really wasn't anything in this book that I didn't like. The characters were lovable and the plot was easy to follow.

Overall, this was an amazing book. If you like shows such as Gossip Girl or Pretty Little Liars then this book would be wonderful for you to read. You get all the drama that you like from those shows from each one of the characters in this book. I would recommend this book to other people who enjoy similar themes.


Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment