Monday, April 24, 2017

REVIEW - Hidden Depth - Brenda Rothert




TITLE - Hidden Depth
AUTHOR - Brenda Rothert






BLURB:



I had it all.
Breaking into the entertainment business as a teenager wasn’t easy. I spent years of my childhood traveling, auditioning and hoping my big break would come. And when I did, I rose to a level I never imagined.
Elle Tyler: model, singer and actress. I couldn’t go anywhere without security anymore. It was everything I ever wanted and more - fame, fortune and worldwide recognition. At age twenty-four, I was living a dream.
But a single act of violence shattered my fairytale existence. In a matter of seconds, all the goodness in me was ripped to shreds. Overnight, the people around me dropped away, moving on to find the next big thing. I gave up on myself, becoming a woman so dark and forlorn I no longer recognized myself.
But the stranger who saved me that day, Justin Lockhart, never gave up on me. He still saw light through my darkness. And as we grew closer, I started to see it, too. And I also started to see that before that terrible day, maybe I didn’t really have it all. Maybe I was always missing the only thing that really matters.



REVIEW:



“Serious content, sweet love story, 5 stars”

Elle is on top of the world and on top of her game. She's rich, famous, and doing what she loves. Until someone decides to try and take it all away from her. Luckily for her Justin won't let her drown. 

This is the story of a girl who wants not only success on a professional level but success in love as well. Will she have to choose or can she have both?

Justin was in the right place at the right time and saved Elle's life. If only he came a minute or two sooner and he could have saved some recovery time. Some times you find love in unexpected places but will it last?

I loved this story right out of the gate. It was serious and deep. Your heart will drop for Elle and what she goes through. You’ll want to kiss Justin for having killer instincts and going with them. With that said if you have any sort of problem with books with assault, I don’t recommend this story. But I will say Elle's come back is strong and inspiring. Take the time and read Hidden Depth.


Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment