Wednesday, April 5, 2017

REVIEW - Styled - Piper Lawson



TITLE - Styled
AUTHOR - Piper Lawson







BLURB:
I have a type. Tall. Blond. Sarcastic. Awkward as hell.

That’s right, my type is me. Because I’m better off spending my time alone than with a guy.

Which doesn't matter since this month, I’m on an open-ended ticket to LA to find a new boutique for TRAVESTY. Not to find a rebound for the breakup that blew my mind. I’m ready to forget all about dicks. 

Too bad Ethan Cameron sinks that dream before I get on the plane.

The SoCal realtor might be my business partner's older brother, but he's the wrong guy to help us out. Ethan's arrogant and self-centred, with a dentist’s wet dream smile and pecs that might have their own hashtag. More girls pass through the backseat of his car than through the doors of our SoHo boutique. 

He's also wrong for me. And the more he thinks he knows me, the more I need to prove he doesn't. 

But I can’t ignore the fact that I need Ethan's help finding a boutique to put TRAVESTY on the map. And no one knows LA style like Ethan.

I survived private school. Growing up with one parent. Dating a gay guy. I can survive one month with Ethan Cameron. 

Right?



REVIEW:


“Opposites attract, 4 star”


Jordan is special. She comes from money, but you wouldn’t know it. She's smart and is trying to make it on her own without her father or trust funds help. 
Jordan has two awesome friends who also double as business partners. She thinks everything is good until she meets Ethan and he shows her there is more to life.

Ethan is all about the balance between work and play, but lately he’s gotten tired of it. He's ready for something real. When his little sister asks him to show her friend around and he accepts he didnt know what was about to happen. 

Ethan and Jordan have time, age, and living on different coasts working against them. But the heart knows what the heart wants. It wont be easy but will it be worth it? 

Lawson took two completely opposite people and made them quite perfect for each other. The story completely made sense and I could see it playing out in real life. Ethan and Jordan help each other grow and really be the best they can be. 


Here are a couple quotes from Styled that I liked;

“Like the very fact that she had all her attention on you meant that you were worthy, and in turn, you had to act like it. It made me want to be better. Better at everything, for her.”

“But even though I should be thinking about all the people I’ve let down, the only thing flashing in my brain like the neon sign at a twenty-four-hour Chinese food buffet, is that I had something worth having. I had it for a second, and by the time I realized it, it was gone. And now I have no fucking clue what to do about it.”


Star Ratings:
Plot - 4/5
Heat - 4/5
Characters - 4/5
Writing style - 4/5
Overall - 4/5







No comments:

Post a Comment