Monday, June 19, 2017

REVIEW - Lost Love - Kelly Elliott



TITLE - Lost Love 

AUTHOR - Kelly Elliott







BLURB:



Moving back home to my parents’ cattle ranch in Texas was the last thing I thought I’d be doing.

But, here I stand … in front of my high school girlfriend. A beautiful, confident woman has replaced the young girl I once knew and loved. Hell. I’m still in love with her.

Yep. Paxton Monroe was my first love and the one girl in town who now hated my guts. So much so, Paxton swore her revenge on me if it took her until the day she died. The last words she spoke to me were a vow to cut my dick off and shove it down my throat.

The fight between my heart, my head, and last, but certainly not least, my dick starts tonight. Because all I can think about is how I want to be buried so deep inside Paxton she won’t remember how I broke her heart, or how I left her when she needed me the most.

But who will win? My heart is too broken to listen to my head. And my dick, yeah it’s not listening to anything or anyone. Not until it gets what it wants and what it wants is Paxton Monroe.

Lost Love is book one in the Cowboys and Angels Series.
 



REVIEW:


"Second chance, 5 stars"

I absolutely loved Lost Love. It was so easy to get sucked into and was the perfect example as to why I love Elliott. 

Paxton and Steed fell into love when they were young. They had big plans for the future only for them to be shattered by childhood stupidity. Neither fully recovered from each other.

Steed ran from home when his life crumbled. Well sometimes for life to get good you have to find your way back home. Which is exactly where Steed finds himself with his daughter.

Paxton has never fully recovered from Steed. When he waltzes into her classroom with a little girl who looks just like him she knows nothing is going to be the same. She thought she could protect her heart from him, but from his daughter Chloe all bets are off. 

I love how in Lost Love it wasn't just a story about Steed and Paxton's journey to a HEA. They made sure they included Chloe which I feel like a lot of books involving kids don't really do, at least not to this extent. 

The secondary characters in this story were awesome as well, I seriously cannot wait for the next book in the series. The only thing that drove me crazy is wondering where Steed's parents got his name when the rest of his family had "normal" names, and lets be honest that's nothing! Take a chance on Lost Love, this will be a great group to follow.


Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 5/5 
Writing Style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment