Saturday, April 11, 2015

Review - Do Not Disturb (Deanna Madden #2) - A.R. Torre (Alessandra Torre)



Do Not Disturb (Deanna Madden #2) - Alessandra Torre


Synopsis:


Equal parts Dexter and 50 Shades, this is the eagerly awaited follow-up to the daring erotic thriller, The Girl in 6E, by A.R. Torre.

1. Don't leave the apartment.
2. Never let anyone in.
3. Don't kill anyone.

The rules were simple and I broke them.
Now I must face the consequences.
Everyone else must face me.



My Review:


Oh Wow! Again, I feel like I read a book by Alessandra Torre, and my vocab is limited to the word 'wow'. It's hard to come up with rational thoughts, after a book like that.


Short Review Version.


That, was an amazing story. Clever, gripping, sexy, full of stupid amounts of bite-down-my-nails, tension.
I was completely blown away by Girl in 6E, the concept, detail, background, and characters were all amazing. The writing style had me hooked, unable to stop reading. I actually wondered if something that good, would be possible to follow up, with a sequel. Surely it would be let down on one of areas. Or even the clever story would be exhausted and not quite as potent in the book that would follow.

Well, I didn't have to worry about any of that. Do Not Disturb, was just as good as Girl in 6E, if not better in some respects.
The clever background still had plenty more to give, the suspense even more nerve wracking in this story. The characters still addictive as ever, and the writing was as flawless as it always is, in an AT book.
There was not a single thing I could find to moan about, in this book.
I even finished it in record time.
I think the sheer fact that you never really know what is going to happen, makes these books, such gripping reads. I can never, ever guess what Deanna will do next. She is so unpredictable, and with that fact, I love her. She is unique, and captivating, and really needs to have a full series, not just 2 books!
If you loved Girl in 6E, then Do Not Disturb will not disappoint.
In fact if you love your stories with a bit of mystery, intrigue, suspense, lots of sex, and lots of violence, and a huge heap of twisty darkness. Then this series is absolute perfection!!
5 huge stars!

Long Review Version.


Deanna Madden, lucrative cam girl extraordinaire, incredibly sharp, amazing acting skills, and also dreams of taking lives, more than a serial killer put away for life.
We got to know Deanna and her unconventional lifestyle in Girl in 6E. A girl who had something happen to her as a teen, that changed her life forever. Following this event, Deanna attempted to live a normal life, going to college, doing normal teen things. It never worked.
Living with urges, that make her life hell, making it practically impossible to live around people. Deanna moves in to 6E, and starts a new life. She locks herself away from everyone, and starts her business as an incredibly successful cam girl. Then at night when the locks have been turned. She dreams of all manner of dark things.

In Do Not Disturb, we return to Deanna 2 weeks after the end of Girl in 6E, she is attempting to do something normal and alien to her. Go on a date.
Deanna is going to try and make this dating thing work, with Jeremy. She is still the very smart cam girl, Jess. She also still battles with the voices and desires. But she's convinced her desire for Jeremy outweighs her desire for blood shed.
This time, Deanna attracts another questionable character, with her cam. They all flock to her, addicted for one more hit of her on cam. But there is one, who wants more. They all want more, but know they can't have it. This one man, is going to take it.

Cue another story of incredibly tense pages. I was literally gripping my e-reader, in the dark, flinching at any little sound, unable to go to sleep. There was no way I was going to be able to stop reading.
These stories show us the darkness and depravity that some sex workers have to contend with. For some reason, they seem attracted to Deanna. But wow, she sure knows how to deal with them. They certainly don't know what they are messing with, trying to take on pink loving, giggling, girly, Jess!

Again, the details that were put in to this world, and story were incredible. Some that will make you cringe, and question what you thought you knew about certain elements of this background, but just show what amazing writer Alessandra Torre is. She doesn't just create a story and you read it, you actually feel like you are living in the story for the duration. Which isn't always good, with some of the more darker scenes. ;)

I again have to point out, like I did in my review of Girl in 6E, just how much I LOVED Deanna, she is one of my all time favorite characters I have read about in a long time. I don't always get attached to female characters, most always have an element or two that irritates me. Mainly the falseness. But, seriously I love Deanna, and wish this was an ongoing series. I could read about her endlessly. She is such a perfect character to follow, unpredictable, feisty, almost having multiple personalities, and all of them being incredible to read. She does nothing halfheartedly, and she is actually so scary, it's exciting. But on the reverse of that, she still has normal girl moments, and times where you feel really sorry for her. She is just so multidimensional. You never know what you are going to get, or what she may do next.
I'm starting to think, after 2 books. Deanna would make an incredible hit woman. She needs to find herself a job working for some underground company, she would be amazing.

I was utterly blown away by Do Not Disturb, and loved every page of it. The story is addictive, as are the characters. This story is perfection for those who love edgy, dark, gripping stories.
I really hope we will get to see more of Deanna Madden, there is always room for more stories about her. :)

5 Massive Stars.


**I was given a copy of this book, in exchange for a fair and honest review** 



The Girl In 6E (Deanna Madden #1) - A.R. Torre (Alessandra Torre)



Synopsis:

I haven't touched a human in three years. That seems like it would be a difficult task, but it's not. Not anymore, thanks to the internet.

I am, quite possibly, the most popular recluse ever. Not many shut-ins have a 200-member fan club, a bank account in the seven-figure range, and hundreds of men lining up to pay for undivided attention.

They get satisfaction, I get a distraction. Their secret desires are nothing compared to why I hide... my lust for blood, my love of death.

Taking their money is easy. Keeping all these secrets... one is bound to escape.

What if you hid yourself away because all you could think of was killing? And what if one girl's life depending on you venturing into society?

Enter a world of lies, thrills, fears, and all desires, in this original thriller from A. R. Torre.


My Review of Girl In 6E



No comments:

Post a Comment