Thursday, April 9, 2015

Review - The Girl In 6E (Deanna Madden #1) - A.R. Torre



The Girl In 6E (Deanna Madden #1) - A.R. Torre

SYNOPSIS:

I haven't touched a human in three years. That seems like it would be a difficult task, but it's not. Not anymore, thanks to the internet.

I am, quite possibly, the most popular recluse ever. Not many shut-ins have a 200-member fan club, a bank account in the seven-figure range, and hundreds of men lining up to pay for undivided attention.

They get satisfaction, I get a distraction. Their secret desires are nothing compared to why I hide... my lust for blood, my love of death.

Taking their money is easy. Keeping all these secrets... one is bound to escape.

What if you hid yourself away because all you could think of was killing? And what if one girl's life depending on you venturing into society?

Enter a world of lies, thrills, fears, and all desires, in this original thriller from A. R. Torre.


MY REVIEW:

Oh my gosh, this book was incredible. I know I'm stupidly late in getting to read this book, but better late than never, and all that.
Plus I had no idea that there is 2 versions of this book. I obviously have read the newer version, but I'd love to read the original ending. 


Short Review Version:


This book was such a pleasant surprise. Well, not really a surprise, I have loved every book I have read of Alessandra Torre, so far.
But, I still felt wowed, by just how good this book actually was.
It's dark, sexy, full of almost scary suspense, and so gripping I actually fell asleep in bed while reading this, as I refused to put it down.
All the detail that went in to the background of this story, was incredible. I was actually sat thinking, wow that's a hella lot of money, maybe I should have a go at this cam lark! ;)
The biggest part I loved was Deanna, or Jessica. She was an incredible lead character. She was unlike any other character I have read. She was unique, odd, dark, incredibly smart, and 1000% entertaining.
If you love your books with an edge, skirting around some incredibly dodgy and risky subjects, and delving in to some other questionable subjects, but being so gripping and full of suspense, then this is without a doubt, a book you need to grab now!!


Longer Review Version:


No spoilers, but far more detail, and a summary.

Deanna is unlike any other character I've ever known. She is plagued by a darkness inside her, screaming to get out. She deals with it the best way she knows how, she locks herself away from any human contact. In her open plan apartment, she has everything she needs. She gets everything delivered by gorgeous, curious delivery man, Jeremy.

Deanna has no physical contact with anyone. Jessica on the other hand, has more than enough human contact. Jessica is Deanna's alter ego. She is a sex operative, or a web cam girl to be more precise. She gets to see it all, from the harmless and frustrated, to the worryingly messed up.
She does whatever she is asked, she will be anybody she is asked to be. All from her apartment. And she is making a fortune doing it. She has no reason to ever leave her apartment, she can stay locked up and never let out her demons to play.
Until one day things start to change. One client changes everything.

I must admit, to start with, I was a little lost. There was various jumps in chapters, from different storylines, to different characters, it was a little confusing. But gripping still. Each character giving enough information to have me dying to read more, wanting to know what was going on.
After a while it settled down, and all the separate parts started to make sense and show their significance in the storyline.

The tension that ran through this entire story was incredibly intense. You could feel the dark and edgy atmosphere, even in the lighthearted parts. It was hard to label this book as one particular genre, it had so much going on it could entertain a variety of book lovers.
I love the darkness of it all, it showed a side of the internet underworld, that you most likely had no clue about. The detail that went in to this one view of the sex industry was incredible.

Deanna, is one hell of a clever lady. There is not one thing she didn't account for, when she set herself up in her apartment and effectively threw away the key. I was shocked by just how much she needed to sort out and set up. The way she also managed to get herself some clients, that she could swap services with, was also really clever. It just shows how her survival skills covered everything.

There was elements of her job, that were actually really scary, but unfortunately they are a reality in this world, and those parts were what made this a gripping thriller.
Deanna was such an incredibly strong character, I certainly wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of her. She is quite the scary lady on the reverse of her internet persona, of a young college girl.

Again, like in the other books of Alessandra Torre, that I have read before this one. It is obvious that her writing style, and sheer genius at writing incredibly gripping stories, is what makes every book of hers addictive. Right from the first page, I was hooked. Every book of hers I have read, I am always stunned by the twists and turns, that run throughout. Her strong female characters are incredibly entertaining, and I always want to read more!

A fantastic read, again 5 stars doesn't quite cut it. I am lucky enough to have the sequel to now move on to. I can't wait!!


**I was given a copy of this book, in exchange for a fair and honest review**
 


No comments:

Post a Comment