Tuesday, December 1, 2015

REVIEW - Midnight Mass - Sierra Simone






TITLE - Midnight Mass


AUTHOR - Sierra Simone





Synopsis:


We are told that God will punish the wicked. That sinful men will reap what they sow. We are told to scourge our souls with prayer and pain to become clean once again.

Well, here I am. Wicked and sinful. Desperate to become clean…even though it feels so good to be dirty.

But even I never expected what came next. 

Even I never expected my punishment to come so soon.

***Midnight Mass is a novella and a sequel to Priest. It’s intended for mature audiences only.***






My Review:


Midnight Mass is a novella set after Priest, one of the sexiest, riskiest, and sheer addictive stories that I managed to read this year. 

Poppy and Tyler fought all the attraction and demons they collectively had in Priest, and ended on a complete high. Tyler left the Priesthood for Poppy, and they got their incredibly hot, happy ever after. 

Now we are at Christmas, and it's been 3 years since they married. Tyler is weeks away from finishing his PHD and Poppy has made her mark on the world in her chosen path. 
But although things look perfect, they are far from it. Tyler is riddled with guilt and uncertainty about everything. He loves Poppy more than anything else, but the choices he has made, and the things he has done is taking over. He continually questions everything he is doing, and has done, and half the time he even thinks he is being punished in some way or another, for his choices. Not to mention his final dissertation has literally taken over his life, and is taking him away from Poppy. So quite a deep and meaningful novella, and very thought provoking.

The crazy hot, and stupidly naughty sex scenes are still present from Priest, and they are on fire. This couple most definitely has an incredible sex life. And the compelling and intriguing writing style is amazing, as it was before. Considering this is a novella, it felt like so much more. Every page was gripping and I didn't want it to end. The ending was moving, and heartbreaking, and it felt so real, but the ending was perfect and it was awesome to go back to Poppy and Father Bell's life even for a short time. 


I highly recommend this novella to fans of Priest, it was a super quick, hot, heartbreakingly intense read, and I loved every chapter of it. 

5 massive stars!!

"I don't know what's going to happen," I tell you. "I'm scared. But I know that no matter what happens, we will endure it together."








CLICK THE LINK TO PRE-ORDER:






No comments:

Post a Comment