Wednesday, February 1, 2017

REVIEW - The Bartender - Piper Rayne



TITLE: The Bartender
AUTHOR: Piper Rayne






Blurb:


Who knew sleeping with the enemy could be this fun?

Was the one night stand a good idea?

Well, no. Probably not in retrospect.

In my defense I had just moved back into my grandparent’s house, I’d lost my dream job, and a guy on Tinder had stood me up. It was like life had suddenly stamped ‘LOSER’ on my forehead.

So when the guy behind the bar started giving me THE look…you know, the one that promised I’d be screaming his name into the wee hours of the morning? When that guy also has the perfect amount of scruff on his chiseled chin, biceps bulging out of his t-shirt, and a cocky grin you knew he’d earned in the sack…when he gives you that look, you don’t bother to figure out what your six degrees of separation are. You jump on that horse and ride it!

Pun fully and completely intended. And accurate by the way.

I fully admit to feeling sorry for myself and acting impulsively, but by the time I’d figured out WHO the bartender was, I was already falling for him.


Review:

So when I read the blurb, I thought it sounded like a fun, interesting story to read. Turns out this book was hysterically funny! It was also interesting too. I don't think I've ever laughed at a dedication before.

The Bartender is about a 25 year old named Whitney, Whit for short who is looking for a job. Her one friend Tahlia is getting married. Well Whit doesn't like weddings. She went to a bar and that's where she met a sexy bartender named Cole. She didn't put two and two together at first but years ago Cole stood her up on a date and now that is her best friend's fiance's, brother.

This book made me laugh out loud, giggle, smile especially with a certain phrase that's two words actually, so if you want to know what those two words are you're going to have to read this to find out.

In the beginning, I thought Cole was a dick until reading further along that he changed into a gentleman.
Whit was a woman who had anger issues and the way she was talking to Cole with attitude was really comical.
With that said, this is a good story that has sexual content.

The writing style grabbed my attention right from the blurb. I can't wait to read the next book! The Boxer coming March 1, 2017!

Parts of the story I liked:

The two words that made me lol (have to read to find out)

When someone who's supposed to love you treats you as if you're disposable, it's difficult not to see your value as less than nothing.”

Sometimes things just happen—good and bad – for no other reason than they just do.”


Star ratings:
Plot- 4.5/5
Characters -5/5
Heat- 4/5
Writing Style-4/5
Overall rating- 4.5/5








No comments:

Post a Comment