Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Release + Review - Focused - Karla Sorensen




If you've ever seen your teenage crush ten years later, and he turns out to be a complete jerk, then you know how Molly Ward feels. 

The last time she saw Noah Griffin was the regrettable day that she decided to climb into his bedroom window and turn her unrequited crush into something more. 

That day was bad enough, but things are about to get worse. 

Noah has become one of the best football players in the country, and he’s just landed on Molly’s front step. 

As a new addition to the Washington Wolves roster, Noah's presence is the key to Molly’s promotion in the front office. 

The problem is, Noah wants nothing to do with Molly, and his surly attitude is making her job very difficult. 

But he's got another thing coming if he thinks Molly will be intimidated by one grumpy football player, no matter how much he hates being around her. 

Once these two go head to head, their mutual dislike explodes into undeniable chemistry. But with what they have at stake, they just might detonate everything else along with it.

Johnaka's Review 
 “Yesssss, 5 stars”

I love Karla, there is no way I can deny it. I’ve been reading her since the start of her career and watched her grow into her voice. Her story telling has just gotten better. Then Focused hit my kindle. She already warned us avid readers that this hero was a little different then her usual and guys, Noah is life. I freaking loved him and Molly. This isn’t an easy love story. This is a love story where the hero has his head where the sun doesn’t shine and he has to remove it before he loses the girl. It’s the kind of love story everyone should love.

Molly loves her job and she does it well. She’s not afraid of a little hard work. So, when her new boss throws down the challenge of all challenges there is no way Molly can say no. What she didn’t expect was for the challenge to involve Noah, a ghost from her past. Will she be able to work with him or will she have to walk away from him and her dream job?

Noah was once the typical college football player who thought he was god. When his neighbor girl threw herself at him it kind of changed him. He saw what he could lose if he didn’t pull it together, so he did. Now he’s back in his home town, the neighbor girl right next to him, and he doesn’t know what to do. She’s everything he never knew he wanted and brings color to his life. The question is, is he willing to try having a personal life? Or will he stay professional?

Plot-5/5 Characters-5/5 Heat-5/5 Writing style-5/5 Overall-5/5




Buy Links (Kindle Unlimited):
Amazon Universal: myBook.to/Focused

Praise:
Michelle Claypot_reads “All the stars in the world for this! What a way to kick off my reading for 2020!! Oh my heart! This was absolute perfection.”

The Overflowing Bookcase “A wonderful novel that will become one I will re-read time and time again.”

PP’s Bookshelf “I just love when authors make me feel every single confusing, infuriating, breathtaking and heartbreaking feeling right in my heart. And Karla Sorensen did exactly that in Focused.”

Author Bio:
Well, let’s see ... I’m a wife and a mother. If the things that I write bring a smile to someone's face, then I've done my job.  I am obsessed with Outlander (both the books and the show). I’m almost exclusively a romance reader, which means some people will never consider me a literary snob. If I could meet one historical figure, it would be Jane Austen. I received my Bachelors in Public Relations and worked in health care marketing before I had my babies. I hate Twitter. I do it, but I hate it. Also, if you want to get on my good side, bring me wine and I'll love you forever. 

Social Media Links: 

No comments:

Post a Comment