Wednesday, November 11, 2015

REVIEW - Classic (Adrenaline #1) - Xavier Neal


TITLE - Classic (Adrenaline #1)
AUTHOR - Xavier Neal






Synopsis:


Boy meets girl. Girl meets boy. They fall in love and live happily ever after, right? That is unless boy is a criminal and girl is the daughter of the man trying to catch him. With circumstances this unforgiving, is there anyway their love story will have an ending that we've come to know as classic? *Warning: Cliffhanger. This is the first in the series*



My Review:



Star crossed lovers, bad boy meets good girl, however you say it it doesn't matter, in the end they are two people who don't stand much of a chance of being together. Merrick and Jovi more then have the odds stacked against them. 

Jovi is the police commissioner's daughter. He has devoted his life to cleaning up the streets. Jovi's mother died in an auto accident when she was young caused by two guys racing. Which leads to her father basically keeping her locked up like prisoner. He won't let her drive, won't let her live anywhere but home, wouldn't let her go off to school, runs a background check on everyone she knows. He's basically psychotic. It's no wonder she walks a fine line with her dirty little secret Merrick. 


Merrick is a street racer/driver for the Devil. He is in the heart of the crime that goes on in his city. The thing is he never wanted to be a part of that life. But we don't all get what we wish for. When Jovi falls into his lap he starts to wonder if he could have a life outside of crime. Is he willing to do it for the girl of his dreams? How will his family take the news of him walking away? Will he even get the chance to start a life with Jovi? 


I could get behind Merrick and Jovi's story. I wanted more when it ended. I personally hate cliffhangers. One thing I didn't like was how naive Jovi was. I realize that her father kept her locked away, but you would have thought she would have learned some things by watching people when she was on her college campus. I couldn't completely tell if her love for Merrick was real or if she loved the idea of him. I wasn't worried about Merrick whether he's been around the block a time or two though. He knew what he wanted, when he found it he did everything he could to keep her. The question that keeps popping up in my mind though is how will Jovi go from one possessive man to another? 
With that said I can't wait to find out what happens to these star crossed lovers in book 2. 



Here are some quotes that stuck to me from the book: 

“Glimpses of something extraordinary in everyday life. Beauty placed in the ugly, forgotten, or overlooked. Sometimes I feel like that. A piece of something special no one can see because of my last name.” 


“I was looking for something to get out of bed for in the morning. Something to be the reds and oranges that fill my life. Something worth living for. Something more than money. More than cars. More than sex. I was looking for you.” 


“You know when they said that falling in love would be the death of me, this isn't exactly what I had in mind.” 




Star Ratings:

Plot- 3/5 
Heat- 2.5/5 
Characters- 3/5 
Writing style- 3/5 
Overall- 3/5 





CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:




No comments:

Post a Comment