Wednesday, November 18, 2015

REVIEW - With Gratitude and Love - Skye Turner



TITLE - With Gratitude and LoveAUTHOR - Skye Turner





Synopsis:



Bestselling romance author, Maloree Arceneaux’s steamy stories have created dedicated fans around the world, though in reality her love life is lackluster at best. The troops are important to her and she’s always supported them in whatever way she can.

Cord Hoffman is a Sergeant with the United States Army who is stationed overseas. Joining the Army straight out of high school, he’s always envisioned the military would be not only his career, but his life.

Fighting for his country is something Cord takes great pride in, though being single and away from family is starting to take a toll on him.

One fateful day, Cord receives a thoughtful gift of a simple cup of coffee from a stranger through the Java for a Joe program. After reaching out to the sender, an unlikely friendship is formed.

As time passes, Maloree and Cord’s friendship progresses across the miles and feelings blossom. 

When granted leave for the holidays, Cord decides to seek Maloree out.

Will two people who found each other through the words of a simple gesture, sent from a world away, have a real chance at love once they’re face to face? Or will their romance be tucked away as a beautiful memory along with the letters signed… With Gratitude and Love


My Review:


Where do I even begin! This is the first book I've read by Skye Turner and I absolutely loved it. I actually had to read it twice because I read it really fast I forgot that I was reviewing it for the blog. (I had to go back and highlight stuff the second time around) With doing that, I got all the feelings all over again.  

This book had me laughing, smiling, worried face, and I even shed a tear or two. The writing in this book just flows from one page to the other. 

The characters in this book could be real life. I felt like I was with them (if that makes any sense). Maloree or Mal and Cord are the main characters in this book, Maloree is a bestselling romance author. Cord is a SOCM Medic in the Army. Supporting characters are Jamee -Mal's personal assistant, Jonsey- Cord's friend in the Army.  Maloree's family and Cord's family.  

It starts off by Maloree who is a romance writer sending emails to service members thanking them for doing what they are doing and sacrificing to protect us along with Java for a Joe. She always ends it With Gratitude and Love. She's been sending coffee and emails for two years and never became involved in a single way with the recipient until now. I love how the feelings for both of them is shared throughout the story. Sending emails back and forth between each other, could they really fall for each other so fast? I really can't give you any more information without giving spoilers. I recommend this book to anyone that likes to read romance. 

Some of my favorite parts are:

"About three and a half hours. Damn, nine thousand words?! Seriously?! You're a freaking beast, Mal."

"I didn't think it would happen so fast either. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't hope that it would. I wanted to kiss you before I saw you, Mal." She sighs and her hands wrap around mine. "Sh** ...you're like a damn character in my books, Cord. Men like you aren't supposed to exist in real life."

"Men like Cord are NOT real! I make them up. I write about them in my books but they don't really exist. This is too good to be true. He cannot really be here with me right now, saying these things , setting my body on fire, and having me want nothing more than to give him all of me..."

"I've been in her company for only about four hours and she's already firmly engraved herself on my heart."

I really liked the ending! Go and one-click this book to find out what happens. 


Star Ratings:
Plot 5/5
Characters 5/5
Heat 4/5
Writing style 5/5 
Overall rating 5/5




CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:



No comments:

Post a Comment