Wednesday, November 4, 2015

REVIEW (Heather) - Double Down - Emma L. Smith



TITLE - Double Down
AUTHOR - Emma L Smith


Synopsis:




Double Down:

1. (In blackjack) double a bet after seeing one’s initial cards, with the requirement that one additional card be drawn

2. Strengthen one’s commitment to a particular strategy or course of action, typically one that is potentially risky.

Bec thought she had the perfect life. A husband, baby on the way. Until one day, everything changed.

Aron had one certainty. Bec was the one for him. Except she wasn't the one for him.

A short story about love.



What I thought?


So this is a new author to me, first book I've read by Emma L. Smith.   To be honest, I didn't even read the synopsis I just felt like reading it because it was a short story and I want to reach my goodreads goal.    I'm glad that I read it. It was such an emotional, touching, love story.  The story line was well-written. The main characters Aron and Bec I really like. Even though it's a short story I would love for it to continue and read more on Aron and Bec.    

I'd recommend this book to anyone that wants a quick read. If you like love stories or romance then go and read it.

Parts of the story I liked:

"I don't think I can do it without you Aron. Are you okay with... y'know...being in there?"

"Shit man. This is well and truly CATFUed."

"Because I'm so in love with you that no matter how hard I  try, I can't stay away. I know I'll never be Devon and that thought drives me fucking crazy. I'll never be him. I'm not as decent or as honest. I'm not as focused or as educated. I'm not driven or dedicated. I'll never be him. I don't have anything to offer you like he did. I don't have a career or even a proper plan. Every day, I'm just floundering around in the hope I'll make it to the next. But there is one thing I'm sure of. Every single day of my life, I'll do everything I can to make you feel for me, even a fraction of what you felt for him. I'll rub your feet when they're sore, buy you chocolate when you crave it, run you a bath at the end of a long day. I'll throw myself down on the train tracks if I thought it would make you smile. I'll fight to the death every single day to make you happy. I'll do whatever it takes, even if I know deep down that you'll never love me the same way. Because my world doesn't turn without you in it. If you'll let me anyway."


Star Ratings:

Plot- 4.5/5 stars
Characters- 5/5 stars
Heat-1/5 stars
Writing Style- 5/5 stars
Overall rating - 4.5/5 stars




CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:




Double Down is currently FREE on Smashwords click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment