Friday, December 22, 2017

REVIEW - Cocksure - K.I. Lynn & Olivia Kelley



Title: Cocksure
Author: K.I. Lynn and Olivia Kelley


Blurb

A life altering lie, ten years, and one wild night later, the game has changed.

Niko

My life is great. I love my job, have awesome friends, and a great family. 
Women love me, even if they know it’s just for a night.
I always thought love at first sight was bullshit. Then she came storming into my life. She tore through my every rule, rocked my world, and knocked me on my ass.
There’s only one problem...she lied.
Turns out my best friend’s little sister isn’t so little anymore.

Everly

I stole a night with my fantasy.
After ten years of not seeing each other, Niko doesn’t even recognize me.
So I take what I want from him, what I need from him. Without worry. Without consequence.
What I didn’t count on was the lingering need for him. 
Once the truth is out, the game changes. There are consequences.
I should have known nothing in my life is ever simple.
My brother is going to kill his best friend and I have nine months to figure out what I want.







Review:

“Best friend’s little sister, 5 stars”

When I one-clicked Cocksure I did it because the title was catchy and the cover was hot. I never read the blurb. As wrong as this sounds if I would have read that it was a best friends little sister love story I probably wouldn’t have read it, because let’s face it it’s been done a thousand and one times. With that said I am glad I didn’t read it because I truly enjoyed Cocksure. For me it was a killer way to kick start my reading challenge for the new year, especially with a new to me author duo.

Niko has known Everly since she was a little girl. She was the dweeby little girl who followed Cam (her older brother) and Niko everywhere. He had no idea her stepping foot in Boston would change everything he thought he knew about his life. He wasn’t the settle down type, he lived by his rules and never hooked up with the same woman twice. Until the mystery woman at the bar turned his world upside down by not only being his best lay but his best friends baby sister. Is Everly worth possibly losing his best friend over?

Everly hasn’t had it easy as of the late and going home wasn’t on top of her list of to do, but her she is moving back. She knew who he was when she sat down next to him. The temptation to walk on the bad side with him was just too great, especially when her life has been crazy lately. Everly knows that nothing will come of it…. but what if something does?
I loved Cocksure. You have a hot alpha hero and a head strong heroine. Yeah, there were times I wanted to smack Everly upside the head but I couldn’t blame the woman especially once I knew her story. The icing on the cake is there was a little bit of suspense and surprise in the story. I also enjoyed the secondary characters and can’t wait to see when and if they get their own stories. I look forward to reading more from this author duo.


Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment