Sunday, December 17, 2017

REVIEW - Stud in the Stacks - Pippa Grant




TITLE - Stud in the Stacks
AUTHOR - Pippa Grant










BLURB:





When it comes to women, I know what they want. And all day long, I give it to them. Dark, broody, and sexy? You got it. Need to laugh? I’m your guy. Desperate for something to put you in the mood? You’ve come to the right place, kitten.

Every morning when my library opens, there’s a line around the block, the ladies flocking to me in need of their next book boyfriend. I’m that dude. The one who knows his way around the romance section. And if you think that hasn’t gotten me plenty of action over the years, you’d be wrong.

But I've made a few miscalculations, and now my reputation has my job in danger. If I can’t prove to my boss that I’m more than a playboy who recommends romance in the hopes of getting some hanky panky in the stacks, I can kiss my job goodbye.






Johnaka's Review:




“Mr. Romance falls for a woman who doesn’t believe in it, 3 stars”


Knox is Mr. Romance. At a young age he fell in love with romance books thanks to his librarian mother. His love for words lead him to become a librarian also. When he’s not recommending books to women he’s busy reading and writing up reviews for his blog. The only thing missing is a woman from his life that isn’t family. But he’s not quite to the settle down stage, Knox is still having fun playing hero. Until Parker.

Parker has come a long way since high school, although sometimes that’s questionable. Her high school reunion is approaching and she needs a date which leads her to do something completely unexpected and puts Knox in her life…again. Who would have thought that the little boy she used to babysit would become such a stud? But it would be weird right? Or maybe not.

I really enjoyed Knox. He made me laugh and swoon. I mean what’s not to like when a guy is dropping book recommendations all the time? But honestly Parker just didn’t do it for me. I can’t pin point what it is but she just rubbed me the wrong way. The book had moments of heat but my dislike for Parker over ruled the good of the story for me, which is why I am rating it a three. Who knows maybe you’ll have better luck with it than me.


Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-3/5
Heat-4/5
Writing style-3/5
Overall-3/5





No comments:

Post a Comment