Wednesday, December 6, 2017

REVIEW - The Sounds of Secrets - Whitney Barbetti



TITLE - The Sound of Secrets
AUTHOR - Whitney Barbetti






BLURB:

I've been in love with him forever.

But to him, I've always been off-limits. Until the night that changed everything.

Maybe it was the alcohol. Maybe it was the secrets we shared. Maybe he finally opened his eyes and saw me.

By the time the sun rose, I’d lost him again, my heart shattering on his parting words: “It was a mistake.” So I ran. Ran until I was thousands of miles away, in a country I didn't know, surrounded by people who only made me miss him more.

I never expected him to follow me … or to pry more secrets from my soul. In exchange, he gave me more of his secrets too.

How was I to know it was the secrets we didn’t share, the words we didn’t dare utter, that would tear us apart?



Johnaka's Review:


“Secrets can confine us, 4 stars”


Everyone has secrets, some big, some small. Some of us accumulate secrets, we are the secret keepers, and that’s exactly what Lotte is. When people look at Lotte they see a sweet naïve girl.  But there is so much more to her than what meets the eye. The Sounds of Secrets is a story of Lotte really becoming a woman, accepting herself, and really falling in love.

Sam is Lotte’s brother-in-law’s best friend. He’s always liked Lotte but never felt like he’s good enough for her. See Sam has secrets of his own that bind him. But what will happen if he’s good enough? If his best friend would accept him with his little sister? Is Lotte worth the risk? Before any of that he has to share his secrets and that alone is scary.

I really enjoyed Lotte and Sam. Watching them accept who they are and the changes they need to make was refreshing. I enjoyed getting glimpses of Ame’s and his life as well. My only complaint is I wanted more at the end. The Sound of Secrets is more about them as individuals and finding themselves vs. them as a couple, so I wanted to see at the end the changes they made. 

If you want a easy read about ones who have their own struggles and find strength in each other than The Sounds of Secrets is definitely a read for you.


Star Ratings:
Plot - 5/5
Characters - 5/5
Heat - 4/5 
Writing style - 5/5

Overall - 4/5







No comments:

Post a Comment