Saturday, January 16, 2016

REVIEW - The Crow Box - Nikki Rae



TITLE - The Crow Box

AUTHOR - Nikki Rae



Synopsis:



The small wooden box is dirty, the size of a human fist, and sealed with wax. When Corbin takes it upon herself to clean it and break the seal, a voice she has tried to ignore gathers strength. Shadows play on the walls at night, and with a family history of mental illness, Corbin fears the worst. But the voice tells her it is real. That its name is Six and it will prove it in time. 
Drawn to this mysterious entity, Corbin isn't sure what to believe and the line between reality and her imagination blurs more every day.
Some doors should not be opened; can this one be closed?



My Review:


Well I totally devoured this latest book from Nikki Rae in super quick time. But it's taken me some time, to actually try and make sense of my thoughts. 

This is definitely a different and unique story. I can't even put it into 1 genre, and definitely can't compare it to anything else I have read. There is a little bit of everything in this story, and can't be put into one box. Although maybe reading the next book in the series, may enlighten us a bit more on the main genre of this book. When some of the questions are answered. And my foggy brain is a bit more clearer. 

I'm not going to give a full summary or too much info on the story, as it's kind of a dark trip you need to experience on your own. 
I feel like this is one of those types of books, where each reader could take something different away from it. Or comprehend it differently from someone else. I'm still not quite sure what I think is happening. I know that I literally can't wait to read the next part and have some light shed on how it ended. 

This story is quite dark. It's real, brutal, quite sad and scary all at the same time. But above everything else, it's extremely hard to gauge what is real. It's quite a mind **** and I did spend most of the time going......"What????? Did that just happen?" I'm still sat here wondering what actually happened, and what was in leading lady Corbin's mind. That's probably why my review is so confusing. I am confused. lol I can't quite make sense of it all. But I know I loved it. The writing style, as always from this author, was sheer perfection. I love the way Nikki writes. You can picture everything like some sort of dark graphic novel in a way. It's so visual and beautiful in a dark and gritty way. I love that her characters struggle and deal with plenty of crap just like the rest of us. And how you never really know what is going to happen next. 

I know this review is probably far from helpful. But I don't think anybody should know what happens, you should just take a jump and see what you make of The Crow Box, for yourself. I definitely recommend this, if you love to have your mind messed with, and to try and work things out for yourself. It's amazingly well written, and incredibly gripping!







CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:



No comments:

Post a Comment