Saturday, January 2, 2016

REVIEW - Wolf Moon - CD Gorri





TITLE - Wolf Moon

AUTHOR - C.D. Gorri






Synopsis:


"Hi. My name is Grazi Kelly. There are things I know are true and things that I never would have guessed. First, demons and witches exist and they are evil. Second, the world is up for grabs and the witches are getting their minions ready. Third, I'm a werewolf and it's my job to stop them."
High school sophomore Grazi Kelly leads an ordinary life in the suburbs of New Jersey helping her grandmother with chores and attending Catholic school. Things are pretty good except for her bullying cousin and the rest of the obnoxious cheer team. Then things take a frightening turn when the night of the full moon arrives and the bodies start piling up. Grazi learns that she is different in ways she never expected. She finds herself torn between Sebastian, the school soccer star and Ronan, a foreign exchange student who shares her secret. She must uncover the identity behind the mysterious attacker, but is she ready for the entire truth?


My Review:



Wolf Moon was an okay read. I usually love YA Paranormal books, but this one could barely keep my attention. When normally I can have a book read in a couple of days, this book took me weeks to finish.  
This book does not end in a total cliffhanger, but it makes sure to leave the book open to continue to another book. The characters have plenty of room to develop so there is that to look forward to.

The content of Wolf Moon was good enough to pass as an okay read. I liked the idea behind the story. A young girl, Grazi,  finds out she is a part of something bigger than just herself. I think this is a story about finding oneself while also having a bigger picture that the world is not always about one person. I don’t even mind that the language seems very juvenile even for young adults.  I do mind that she is treated so badly in the beginning. This was very painful for me to read, but I understand that it was a part of the story and needed to be told.


My issues with this book are more to do with the ability to keep me interested. This is not a book that pulled me in from the beginning. With that being said, I gave it a fair chance and struggled through reading it. I found the main character, Grazi, annoying at times and I had a really hard time relating to her. I just never felt the connection that I was hoping for. I really wanted to be invested in her so I could care about the outcome of the book, but I just never quite got there.


Another problem I had is that this story is told in first person for the most part. I really don’t mind that, but I felt like I was reading journal entries rather than being told the story by the main character. It felt forced. I feel like this is an area that could’ve been improved on by rearranging some things and maybe even titling the chapters with dates like a journal entry. I think this would have put me in the right mindset to really enjoy this book.


Being a young adult book, I never expect to find a lot of heat in the book, but this one surprised me. While there was no crazy sex scenes, there were some sweet scenes that warmed you up on the inside.  I really liked watching Ronan and Grazi interact. I think they have some of the best moments of the books. Ronan is a very interesting character. I think he will be developed nicely in the future.


Overall, I really had a hard time liking this book. There was just too much about it that bothered me. With that being said, I am sure that this is a great book for others and that others really enjoy it. It could just be that I don’t really like the writing style and that ruined the whole thing for me. I would not be able to recommend this book to friends as I had a hard time liking it.



Favorite quote:

“Angela, I can't afford it. And besides I never even waxed before. What does zapped mean? Doesn’t it hurt?”
“I told you it's on me and we weren’t thinking wax.”





Star Ratings:

Plot = 3/5
Characters = 2/5
Heat = 2/5
Writing Style = 2/5
Overall Rating = 2/5









CLICK THE COVER TO PURCHASE:








No comments:

Post a Comment