Tuesday, January 12, 2016

REVIEW - Waiting For Wyatt - SD Hendrickson





TITLE - Waiting For Wyatt

AUTHOR - SD Hendrickson




Synopsis:

"The dogs that deserved a chance, the guy who needed a second, and the girl determined to save him." 

My name is Emma Sawyer.

I met Charlie and Wyatt on the same sultry, summer day. It was unexpected, leaving a feeling in the pit of my stomach like the time I drove too fast over Beckett Hill. The moment happened out of nowhere, all fast and quick and a little strange. Or maybe that was just Wyatt’s personality.

It was Charlie that brought us together. Little Charlie with those ridiculous ears. I found the dog, waiting in a pool of his own blood. Waiting for someone. Waiting for me.

Now Wyatt, he wasn’t waiting for anyone. At least that’s what he said, except I saw something different in the broken guy all alone out in the woods. I knew he needed me before he knew it himself.

Wyatt with his hidden dimples. Wyatt with his warnings to stay away. He was a hard lump of coal, ready to burn everything around him. The more he burned, the more it pulled me into the pain I saw etched on his troubled face.

I wanted to help Wyatt. I wanted to save him like he had saved all the Charlies in the world. He told me not to fall for him, but I did anyway. I fell hard and fast and deeply in love with Wyatt Caulfield.

But that was before I knew his secret. 


Author Note: Waiting for Wyatt is the love story of Wyatt Caulfield and Emma Sawyer, which also features rescue animals. It's a 112,000 word standalone, Contemporary Romance / New Adult Novel.


My Review:




Waiting for Wyatt is a novel that really blew my mind. I wasn’t sure what I was expecting, but what I got was not it, in a good way of course. I would have to say Waiting for Wyatt is about fighting one’s own demons and accepting a new way of life. On the other hand, I also feel like it is about trusting your gut and never giving up or being afraid of fighting for something you believe in. Author SD Hendrickson did a spectacular job with this novel.

Waiting for Wyatt is about Emma Sawyer, a girl out to save the world, even if she doesn’t realize it. She is described as someone who goes out of her way to help others and rarely thinks of herself. She gets herself into a bit of a situation which leads her to meet Wyatt. Wyatt is mysterious. Wyatt has a past he doesn’t want uncovered. Wyatt doesn’t want help, but Emma is a helper. This leads to one amazing story.


I loved watching each of these characters develop. I also loved learning more about Wyatt. SD Hendrickson really enticed readers by only revealing small pieces of the puzzle named Wyatt at a time. It was entertaining to try and guess what his secret was or what he would do next. I feel like I was reading an old mystery novel trying to guess the ending before I got there. I will say that this book was not what I expected.


The minor characters in this book are interesting as well. While you are trying to guess about the major characters, the author also leaves you wondering if these minor characters were playing a bigger part in the story or if they were just there as an outlet for the character to discuss her feelings. These characters were interesting themselves and also provided some comic relief at times. The biggest minor characters in this story are the dogs. Wyatt works for a kennel and he takes in abused animals. Learning each story of these poor animals had me crying. I am a huge animal lover and I know that each story, while fiction in the book, actually happens every day in the world. I really related to Emma with her feelings of wanting to save them all and feeling heartbreak for each dog.


The heat in this book is slow burning. There is not a bunch of jumping into bed in this book. With that being said, there is intimacy on a different level. I think that this adds to the book tremendously. I think the author was showing that not all love stories have to jump into being intimate right away in order to create that heat feeling that readers seek. I really think this made me fall in love with the story even more. The realistic situations truly enraptured me.


Overall, I loved this book. SD Hendrickson did an amazing job with this book and I cannot wait to read more from this author. This book does discuss some darker and sometimes hard to read content, but it benefits the story. I would recommend this book 100 percent to my friends. One of the best books I have read in awhile.





Star Ratings:


Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall Rating: 5/5




Favorite Quotes:


“It’s not like I’m dating him. I’m just getting to know someone. And I think it makes Wyatt interesting.”
“He’s interesting? That’s what girls say right before they get the stuff* knocked out of them and stuffed in a fricking* trunk.” 

–Emma and Blaire, Waiting for Wyatt *Edited and censored for Amazon*

“Well, my leg thinks it needs knee surgery. I’ve told it no.”

-Emma, Waiting for Wyatt

“The neckline of your sexy shirt gives just enough space for Wyatt to slide his fingers around your throat.”
“Stop worrying so much. And I thought this was a slash-me shirt. Not a strangle-me one.” 

–Blaire and Emma, Waiting for Wyatt










CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:


No comments:

Post a Comment