Saturday, January 16, 2016

REVIEW - Forced Play For Libby - Hayley Faimen



TITLE - Forced Play For Libby


AUTHOR - Hayley Faiman




Synopsis:



Elizabeth "Libby" Lillian Montgomery-McGrath was born and bred—bred to be the perfect, polished wife of some well to do man who would probably never love her. Then she laid eyes on Pete McGrath, a bad boy who would undoubtedly be unacceptable by the standards of her family. 


For Libby, it was love at first sight. To her complete and utter astonishment, her father not only accepted Pete, but encouraged and rushed them into marriage. She thought she had been given her happily ever after, but the honeymoon never lasts forever...

Pete and Libby appear to be the perfect couple from the outside. Affectionate, beautiful, successful and rich, strangers envy them and their friends adore them. 

Pete McGrath harbors hidden truths that eat away at him daily, destroying the love he holds for his Libby. 

One email threatens their picture perfect marriage, exposing their most intimate imperfections. Libby is devastated, Pete's eyes are opened, and he's forced to play for the woman he loves.

*Recommended for readers 18+ due to: Graphic Sexual Content and Language
**This is book 3 in the series and can be read as a standalone, but it is encouraged that the series be read in order. 

My Review:



Forced play for Libby was a pretty good book. I really like this one better than the first, butthe second book, Catching Maggie is still my favorite. The author did much better about incorporating the main plot more than the sex scenes. That's not to say there's no heat, because there is plenty.

Forced Play for Libby has some controversial topics. The main plot has some parts to it that some readers may find offensive or hard to identify with. With that being said, I find it very realistic. I think that the root of the plot happens all the time every day. Maybe not with similar circumstances, but the result is often similar. I'm really glad that somebody wrote it into a book in a tasteful way. Without giving too much away, I think that there are many relationships out there in which their reasons match these main characters for why they act the way they do.

I really love the character development. I was really looking forward to reading this book because we see Libby in other books and we can tell that there's something wrong we are just not sure what. I'm really glad that we were finally able to read her story. She was hiding so much from her friends that we weren't able to read another book. I think this is common for women to hide issues going on in their lives from others for fear of embarrassment and ridicule. Pride often gets in the way of us help asking for help. I really liked watching these two characters develop together.

If you enjoy a book with a lot of very hot and sexy themes, this is the book for you. Some of the hottest thing I've ever read I read from the author. This book specifically has some hot scenes that I think that will definitely turn the readers on. This book is not lacking in this area.

Overall this book it's a pretty good book. I didn't really have too much that I disliked about it. Most of what I dislike I think it's more personal preference rather than anything that the author did. I would recommend this book to my friends.



Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5

Favourite Quotes:

“It isn’t, sweetheart. It’s never too late when love is on the table, and I’ll show you." Pete

“I always thought the power was in the mouth. You know, blowing them,” Libby

It just pisses him off when somebody writes something sexual about me. I spend so much time blowing him to make him forget, that I think I’m developing lockjaw,” Amalie







CLICK THE COVER TO PURCHASE:


No comments:

Post a Comment