Wednesday, January 20, 2016

REVIEW - Lennox - Dallas Cole


TITLE - Lennox

AUTHOR - Dallas Cole




Releases January 27th


Synopsis:

"He's an outcast. A rebel--with blood on his hands. But maybe I can save us both..." 

Lennox knows he's a dead man walking. He's done his time and paid for his crimes, but the crew never forgets.

Elena Drazic was raised with grease under her nails. She's no stranger to the ride or die mentality. So when Lennox arrives back in town after an accident that tore her crew apart, she knows nothing good can come from his freedom. 

But she can't forget how he makes her feel. And when she's with him, she can't remember why she's supposed to stay away.


My Review:



Lennox is a wonderful story about forgiveness and redemption. Author Dallas Cole did a great job when writing this book. Readers can expect to feel each twist and turn and every heated moment of this book. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. This book includes racing, hot men, and women who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.

Lennox is all about adjusting to a new life after big changes. I know that is vague, but it is hard to fully discuss this book without giving away anything. I will say this, the main character Lennox goes to jail for a crime that seems unforgivable. He returns to his hometown when he is released which sets a series of events off which changes his life and the life of his former family and crew.


I love that this story is told from each main character. I feel it is so important to hear from Lennox, but I love learning more about him from Elena. Elena is the daughter of the leader of Lennox’s former crew. Elena is not supposed to acknowledge Lennox, but she can't cut him off so easily. While reading from her point of view, readers are able to see Lennox for what he was before everything went to hell. We are also able to see that Elena wants to do the right thing, but she also feels limited due to her family. I love watching her grow throughout this book.


As I said before, this book is about forgiveness and redemption. With that being said, I also think this book touches on different topics as well. I feel that author is trying to convey that not all situations are so black and white and that making judgments without all the facts can lead to bad decisions. I also think that this book shows that when a person is backed into a corner, he or she will do whatever they need to in order to survive, even if it goes against their better judgment. There is plenty of action in this book and a lot of underlying messages.


This book also has a lot of heat. While there are a couple of sex scenes, I find that a lot of the heat comes from the characters thoughts. These characters are not all about sex. They also want to be better people and to find someone to be with forever. I think that this makes the book better. I like that it does not feel like these sex scenes are thrown in just for the hell of it. I like that they are there for a reason and they further the story.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters and plot development. I really loved the love story as well. I would recommend this book to my friends as it thoroughly entertained me. Dallas Cole is an amazing writer and the debut novel. If this is the first book written by Dallas, I cannot wait to see what the next book brings.





Star Ratings:


Plot = 5/5
Characters = 5/5
Heat = 5/5
Writing Style = 5/5
Overall Rating = 5/5



Favourite Quotes:


“You know,” Nash says, lowering his lips to my ear, “if your uncle wasn’t here, I’d bend you over the hood of that GTO and show you just how hot I think it is.”

“And ruin the wax job I just put on it? I don’t think so.” - Elena and Nash.

“Amber can’t wait thirty minutes for a pizza. You really thought she was gonna wait three years for me?” - Lennox.

“And someday, you’ll find someone who won’t put you on the spin cycle, either.” - Elena.











No comments:

Post a Comment