Friday, September 2, 2022

Release + Review - Deflected Hearts - Cali Melle






 Poppy

August Whitley was just a fling–someone fun to spend my time with no strings attached.

We broke things off before our feelings grew, but it was already too late.

After leaving town, I swore to myself that I would never look back.

And when I get surprising news, I’m completely committed to doing it alone.

Until one night when he walks back into my life…

August

Poppy Williams. She was an enigma and a mystery that I wanted to unravel.

Neither of us were ready for a commitment and after a misunderstanding, she left town without a single word.

I tried to find her, but it was as if she fell off the grid. It was messing with my head and becoming a threat to my hockey career.

Until one night, one date with another girl… I find Poppy working at the restaurant and she’s pregnant.

With my child.

I let her leave me once before, but this time I won’t let her get away.


Louise's Review 

I Love a good surprise pregnancy trope and Cali has done a great job with this one!!!!

Poppy & August tried hard not to catch feelings and they both did a stella job of ruining those plans!

Deflected Hearts is book 2 in the Wyncote Wolves series, having not read book 1 I was worried i was going to miss something but this story can certainly be read as a stand alone; But i can tell you now that i will be going back and reading book 1 and hanging out for book 3!

Star Ratings; Plot: 4/5 Characters: 4/5 Heat: 4/5 Writing Style: 4/5 Overall: 4/5
 


Buy Link:

mybook.to/deflectedhearts


Meet Cali Melle:

Cali Melle is a contemporary romance author who loves writing stories that will pull at your heartstrings. You can always expect her stories to come fully equipped with heartthrobs and a happy ending, along with some steamy scenes and some sports action. In her free time, Cali can usually be found spending time with her family or with her nose in a book.


As a hockey mom herself, Cali Melle will be bringing a brand new hockey series this fall that will definitely have you in your feels!


Connect with Cali Melle:

https://linktr.ee/calimelle 


No comments:

Post a Comment