Monday, February 15, 2016

REVIEW - Straight From The Heart - Breigh Forstner




TITLE - Straight From The Heart

AUTHOR - Breigh Forstner




Synopsis:



This is a story about a girl discovering and experiencing life for the first time.
Bryn Schaefler grew up rich. Her parents expected the best out of her, picked her boyfriend for her, and groomed her to be the next trophy wife fresh out of High School.
But when they discover she wants to pursue music instead of following in her mothers footsteps, they wanted to hear nothing about it.
That was when Bryn left for good.
By chance, she auditioned for main stream rock band Everlasting. Never in a million years did she think she would make it.

Cale Pelton knew it was his fault for the band scrambling around to find a new guitarist. Once he saw Bryn audition, he knew he had to have her. Not just in the band, but in his mind, body and soul.

This is the first book in the Straight from the Heart series. Follow Cale and Bryn as she goes on her first tour, and discovers there's so much more to her than she ever realized.
 


My Review:



Straight From The Heart is a story about Bryn and Cale. 
Bryn left her home at the age of 18 with nowhere to go. She was hungry so she goes to Lozano's and that's where she gets a job and a place to stay. She auditions for a band called Everlasting and that's where she meets Cale. Her life is about to change for the better.   

I felt sad/sorry for Bryn in the beginning of this story but as it progressed and how she followed what she loved, wow.   
This story is about following your dreams, listen to her heart, follow your gut. If you like to read about that with a touch of love, music, band mates then give this book a try. There are twists and turns that keep you guessing and wanting to read more. 

Ok, so where do I even begin! Straight from the Heart by Breigh Forstner is book one in this series. It's the first book I've read by Breigh and it won't be the last! I read this book in 5 hours!! It was really good. The first sentence drew me in. I didn't want it to end. The writing style was good too.  
I loved the story-line and characters (all of them). I also liked how each chapter was named.

The only thing that I didn't care for is the ending. The ending ends with a cliffhanger and personally I don't like cliffhangers. However, I'm looking forward to continue reading this series.  


Parts of the story I liked:

"Every day of my life, you have told me what I can and cannot do. Who I can be friends with, who I can date. Hell, you signed me up for the most prestigious colleges in the United States without me knowing! I am DONE being a puppet and a show girl you can parade around saying,'Look at my sophisticated daughter." 

"Oh my, oh my, I think you are smitten, darling."

"It sounds completely silly, but when our voices sang together, it was like electricity. We fit like a glove. Peanut butter and jelly, so to speak."



Star Ratings:
Plot -5/5
Heat-3.5/5
Characters- 5/5
Writing Style- 5/5
Overall rating- 5/5 






CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:



No comments:

Post a Comment