Friday, August 25, 2017

REVIEW - Destiny Disgraced - Carrie Ann Ryan


Title: Destiny Disgraced
Author: Carrie Ann Ryan
Release Date: September 12th, 2017




Blurb:


The Talon Pack continues with a new twist to the Packs and a revelation no one was prepared for.


Mitchell Brentwood is aware that others think he’s the harsh taskmaster Beta trying to keep his Pack alive, but they only see what he wants them to know. He’d once thought he had his path laid out before him, but when his future was violently ripped away, he vowed he’d never let anyone close again—especially not a young wolf from a traitorous Pack.

Dawn Levin may be younger than the war that destroyed her people, but she knows she must still pay for their sins. She’s ready to find her way in this new world where wolves and humans blend as one, but first, she needs to fight her attraction to the dark wolf that stands in her way.

While the two struggle with their feelings and burning attraction for each other, they can’t ignore the world that shakes beneath their feet. There is a new enemy on the horizon, one with revenge and the unknown on their minds. An adversary that might be closer than they realize.






Review:

Hot sexy shifters with lots of action? Sign me up! I loved Destiny Disgraced. This story has a lot of action and a bit of romance to keep all readers happy. This book can be read by itself, but it is obvious that there has been stories before this. I do not feel I missed out by not reading those other stories, but know that they discuss events from those other stories.

It is always refreshing to get a new and unique take on shifter novels. I liked that this author took what we know about shifters and put her own twist on it. This was an interesting story. The plot was not what I expected. I like how while there was a lot in this story about the romance between the two characters, there was also a major storyline going on. I like when books have substance, and this story has plenty of it.

Mitchell is such an interesting character. He has this dark and broody attitude that is honestly such a draw for women. We like to think we can make him less broody. He has a lot of emotional baggage though. He has stuff he needs to work through in order to become who he needs to be. Dawn has her own past to overcome, but it is not really her personal baggage. She has a stigma to overcome. I can say that I think that we get all caught up in stigma and I like how she related this in her book to the shifters.

Attraction is at its finest in this book. These two shifters can’t help their attraction to each other. There is plenty of heat in this book. The author did an amazing job of making each scene feel organic to the story and characters. I especially love the beginning scenes between these two. Fighting attraction is not an easy thing to convey properly into words, but this author did an amazing job.

I love the authors writing style. I feel this author is unique in the fact that the story is mostly told from dual points of views, but she also tells the story from a couple other characters as well throughout the story. I also love that these breaks are clearly labeled and it is obvious that you are reading from another characters point of view. I also felt the book was properly paced with a nice and steady pace. I can see this series continuing on.

Overall, I loved this book. Shifter books always entertain me, but this one was unique from all the rest. I liked how the author took a common plot and made it her own. I sometimes feel I read a story and it is so similar to others I have read that I cannot separate them. This is not the case with this book. I would recommend this to others.

Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment